Anybody Daily Driving a 6.0 Gas HD?

I went from a 2002 Silverado ext cab 2500 6.0 to a 2011 sierra 2500hd ext cab 6.0 . Night and day difference. Went from 10 mpg to 12-13 mpg. Now I mainly drive country roads 20 miles a day and tow a 6000lb boat 30 miles on the weekends and still average 11-12 mpg. Highway average is 16-17mpg. But I have the 3.73 gears. The '11 handles the boat like it's not even there. Also I have a 8'6'' V-Plow. So winter I get 10mpg but most of the drop is from the remote start. Handles the plow, dare I say, as good as or better than any ford solid axle I've ever driven. The famous GM squat is practically gone. With the plow up in the air the front sags about an inch without any torsion bar cranking or helper blocks. My 02 had a 7'6'' straight blade and timbren bump stops and still sagged awful. I've owned 5 other Silverado's from 92 to 06 all 1/2 tons. So my impression of my 2011 Sierra HD is by far the BEST I've owned. Yes the ride is a bit rougher and the fuel mileage is worse than a 1/2 ton, but I would give up that in heartbeat for a truck that does everything I ask of it with ease. And this truck does everything I ask of it with ease plowing, towing, daily driving doesn't even break a sweat. IMHO it took GM 24 years to finally make a chassis/front end comparable to ford and dodge solid axle setups.

Archived