2008 Silverado add traction control button

Hi, I have a 2008 Silverado RWD, it does not have a traction control enable/disable button next to the power outlets under the heater/ac controls. Can I buy that Module and install it? is the switch plug and play into the harness?

Module: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Traction-Control-Panel-Button-Switch-2007-2013-Tahoe-Sierra-Silverado-NTO/181628325200?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33205%26meid%3Db672ee448aea427c935c7319dad7a3ce%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D361169028714

Edited by Jack1121

Don't waste your time, lot more to the system other than the switch (that is not the module, just the switch btw). Master cylinder is different, ABS module and pump/valve are different, ECM is calibrated different, chassis wiring harness, etc. are different.

• 7 years later...

Yes, you can.  Behind where the button would go is a wiring harness connector that will plug into the button (module can be purchased online, around $35, has a little cubby to the right of the button).

Its wired up, sure, and connected to the fuse box (#8) but you can only use it for an accessory.  I use it for my KC cab lights.  Works great.

Your computer is not programmed for TC, but you CAN get it updated.  Youd have to also run sensors for motion control to each wheel.  Too much work.  Just use the button for an accessory, and like me, quit buying cheap trucks 😉

• 1 year later...