Hard one piece tonneau covers

kctay

I have perused the mega 65 page thread, and didn't see much info on hard one piece tonneaus like the Leer, and others. Is there anyone here that went this route? I have a 2015, and would like to know if any or all of these type of tonneaus cover the black pieces on the bed rails, and the tailgate, and which brand seems to be the best.

I have perused the mega 65 page thread, and didn't see much info on hard one piece tonneaus like the Leer, and others. Is there anyone here that went this route? I have a 2015, and would like to know if any or all of these type of tonneaus cover the black pieces on the bed rails, and the tailgate, and which brand seems to be the best.

I order from best to worst.

Snuglid

ARE

the rest....

No seriously I have owned 5 Snug lids and they were all great plus the lifetime structural and paint finish warranty.

I have seen the AREs on the new trucks and they are nice as well.

The others....well they suck

I order from best to worst.

Snuglid

ARE

the rest....

No seriously I have owned 5 Snug lids and they were all great plus the lifetime structural and paint finish warranty.

I have seen the AREs on the new trucks and they are nice as well.

The others....well they suck

Well, Snug lid tops are nice, but they persist in putting two locks on the top of the tonneau, sticks out like dogs balls. Deal killer for me.

Well, Snug lid tops are nice, but they persist in putting two locks on the top of the tonneau, sticks out like dogs balls. Deal killer for me.

I don't make it a habit of looking at a dogs sack, but if you did your research not all their tops have 2 locks.

I don't make it a habit of looking at a dogs sack, but if you did your research not all their tops have 2 locks.

I see one lock here... but who knows the other might be hiding behind some dogs nut sack.

31d4c285-7b46-4286-a6ea-087fe11fcf5c.jpg

I see one lock here... but who knows the other might be hiding behind some dogs nut sack.

31d4c285-7b46-4286-a6ea-087fe11fcf5c.jpg

Yeah, well that cover looks a lot better, the lock doesn't stick up at all, thanks. I had a couple Snugs in the 90's, they all had two locks, hated it.

And you can't help but look at a dogs balls, they stick out, that is the joke. I'm guessing you have never been to Australia..... :rolleyes:

My truck is in the bigger thread. Don't remember what page. Snuglid sl model. 1 lock with remote or key access. Carpet lined and hard wired 12 volt light. Very nice but $1400.

Yeah, well that cover looks a lot better, the lock doesn't stick up at all, thanks. I had a couple Snugs in the 90's, they all had two locks, hated it.

And you can't help but look at a dogs balls, they stick out, that is the joke. I'm guessing you have never been to Australia..... :rolleyes:

Nope... Don't plan on it if everyone sits around looking and discussing each animals genitalia.

Other than being heavy and rendering the full capabilities of the bed as useless, what is a good reason to get a one piece hard ($$$$$$$) over a soft or hard fold, or even a roll up?

Appearance security and water proof. My reasons anyway. Also i bet my snuglid weighs less than some of the metal roll up types. Had one of those on my 2013.

Other than being heavy and rendering the full capabilities of the bed as useless, what is a good reason to get a one piece hard ($$$$$$$) over a soft or hard fold, or even a roll up?

If I need full access to the bed I grab a trailer. I have a 18' roll back trailer and a 16' enclosed trailer. Not to mention nothing looks as good as a hard bed cover. I have a truck to pull a trailer not because it has a bed.

Appearance security and water proof. My reasons anyway. Also i bet my snuglid weighs less than some of the metal roll up types. Had one of those on my 2013.

Who did you pick your cover up through? The best price I was quoted for the SL was over 1600 and I'm not paying that.

If I need full access to the bed I grab a trailer. I have a 18' roll back trailer and a 16' enclosed trailer. Not to mention nothing looks as good as a hard bed cover. I have a truck to pull a trailer not because it has a bed.

Who did you pick your cover up through? The best price I was quoted for the SL was over 1600 and I'm not paying that.

http://www.txtruckandtrailer.com

And agreed on the trailer. I do the same. My truck bed is just like a big trunk now. I admit to not using my truck like a work truck.

That looks very nice Seth, thanks for posting the pics!

You must be fun at parties Dan. Apparently there are no colorful sayings down there in Texas, I think the point went over your head somehow.

15Hdriver, where have you been? They aren't all fiberglass anymore, and hence aren't that heavy. I'm vacillating between a hard cover and a retractable. I have another truck, so I don't need usage of the entire bed in this truck, so it doesn't matter. I want function and appearance, not something that looks like it's been tacked on the truck like many of the folding covers do.

Archived