Powder coated wheel care

Just had a set of OEM 20 inch rims black powder coated gloss not clear coated. Haven't decided on tires yet but was wondering what's the best to prolong the finish. I've read that cleaners and polishes should be avoided. I was think maybe waxing. Anyone have experience with this and what is recommended? Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Just had a set of OEM 20 inch rims black powder coated gloss not clear coated. Haven't decided on tires yet but was wondering what's the best to prolong the finish. I've read that cleaners and polishes should be avoided. I was think maybe waxing. Anyone have experience with this and what is recommended? Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Not sure where you like to buy detailing products. I buy some from Autogeek, they have a product called Detailers Pro Series Wheel Glaze. It is essentially a wax with anti static properties. Keeps wheels cleaner longer and helps protect your finish.

I picked up some powder coated parts for my bike yesterday my guy said treat it like paint

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

94586cdb28d9eb99ddfe40bc55fa6d4e.jpg grip parts bc86ad5211711721ed7566612caf7a9f.jpg bars..

Your not really going to hurt powder coating it is tough. But you don't want to use anything abrasive either as it won't polish back to a shine easily like paint does. Allot of wheel cleaners have harsh chemicals that is why people don't like then oh dark colored wheels they can etch the paint/powder coating. A good wax before installation a coat when you clean will keep crud from sticking to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived