Clicking noise and feeling while steering

My 2014 Sierra 1500 Z71 Crew cab recently started making a clicking noise while turning the steering wheel. I can also feel it through the wheel as I turn it. The truck has about 28,000 miles on it. I did install a RC Leveling kit when I brought it home from the dealer and things where fine.

Service installed an intermediate steering shaft, but that didn't fix anything. They tell me they can't find anything loose or broken. They also let me know that the leveling kit technically voids the warranty, but they will look the other way on that.

They say the only thing to do is to remove the Leveling kit and see if it goes away...

Thoughts

My truck started doing the same thing about 3 days ago took it to dealer and they said they have fixed 10-12 with that same issue this year so far...they ordered my parts to fix it..they told me they have to replace some bearing In the steering colum right behind the steering wheel...they gonna call me when the parts get here and hopefully that will fix it...FYI I have a 7.5 inch lift and 35s didn't even blink an eye about it

• 3 years later...

I’m experiencing same issue after 2.5 level instal. Did you get this solved and what was the specific steering part or issue needing fixed? Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

My research was inconclusive. After reading it could be a number of things ranging from power steering or suspension issues to outside temperature, I’ve decided to remove the 2.5 spacer level and replace with the bilstein 5100’s everybody raves about. The clicking began soon after the level was installed. What I learned about gm changing to the stamped steel uca’s in mid 2016 convinced me I needed to make a change. Limited budget lead me to conclude I’d get more bang for my buck at the sacrifice of some ride height up front if I go with Bilstein’s rather than full level and UCA replacement. Figured if I get more rake than desired at least I’ve upgraded from the Rancho’s. 

I’m having them installed tomorrow. The shop will also rate all suspension joints on wear and give me a report. 

My plan is to install just the Bilstein front struts on highest setting; which will lower current height by just over 1/2” from my understanding, and will relax the angles significantly.  Hopefully the rake won’t be too much ??.

Fyi, I have about 7- 9 k miles on the level and with the “clicking” noise. I’ll update later in week after I get it back and have driven it a bit. 

Edited by GMGH