Ok folks, Now that I have my 82 properly tagged the city can get off my ass about it being parked in my driveway with no registration.  The truck ran out of fuel and I didn't get it fixed before winter so it had to sit there until it could get warm enough to work on without freezing my nuts off.  Anyway, I am now addressing leaks in the Transmission (SM465), Transfer Case (NP208) and an oil leak (Oil Pan or rear main, I think).  

SO my question is in the service manual it talks about different tools needed and see how  I finally have a place to store tools and work on my vehicles I am in need of specialty tools for the NP208 rebuild.  More specifically the following:

J-29162 - Rear Retainer OH Seal Installer
J-29170 — Input Gear Bearing Remover
J-29163 - Ft. Output Shaft Rear Bearing Installer
J-29169 - Input Gear Bearing Installer
J-29168 - Ft. Output Shaft Ft. Bearing Remover
J-29174 - Mainshaft Bearing Installer
J-29167 - Ft. Output Shaft Ft. Bearing Installer

The problem is I cannot find them, does anyone have some in the area of Kansas City for me to borrow or know where I can purchase these tools.  I say purchase as I do plan to keep this truck until it is either unrepairable or I die.  This truck was bought for the purpose of I wanted it and for my company.

IMG_1462.JPG

Most of those tools are just basic pullers it seems.  I bet a press would be able to get most of the work done there.  Messing with T cases can be difficult if you have never done it.  

This guy goes over them very well and is very smart.  Im a fan of his videos. 

• Like 1

thanks for the video, whoever had the apart before used orange sealant (and way too much), plus a bolt or something on top of the case near the shifter was gone and spitting fluid. Tranny is leaking as well and I think the oil pan as well or the rear seal.  not sure until I get my happy butt a floor jack to take the tranny out and inspect the motor better.  Wish I had a garage with a lift