2016 Escalade no power to crank sensor

JakeDawg

Question

I have a 2016 Escalade that was involved in an accident that caused frame damage only, but the vehicle sat for about 14 months. Now I have replaced the frame in the truck, but I’m getting no voltage to my crank sensor and 2 codes “sensor B Reference voltage circuit open” and “crankshaft position sensor A circuit malfunction” which I believe are related to one another? The truck does run, but poorly, and takes about 2 seconds of cranking before it fires and has no RPM information provided. A Chevy dealer believes a crank sensor relearn is necessary, but I would think I should still get voltage to the sensor if that were the case? Wondering what direction I should go for troubleshooting

Edited by JakeDawg

1 answer to this question

Locate a wiring diagram and follow the wires from the sensor and verify all connectors are undamaged and clean.  To me this sounds like something got damaged during the frame swap.  Should be easy to locate if you can get a wiring diagram. 

Can't imagine a crank relearn takes much time so cost should be minor.  Did you change the sensor or the ECM?  I think those are the only reason to require a relearn.  The relearn on my 2010 took longer to connect the tool than the relearn took.