Transmission Question

Hello everyone, new to the forums.  I have been looking for an active site to ask my question.    I have 2017 GMC Sierra 1500  6.2/8 speed tranny.  If I start to slow down and then decide to go again, it hesitates and wants to keep down shifting.  Ex.  Coming to a red light, I start slowing down, light turns green, I give it gas to go again and nothing happens until the truck finishes down shifting, then it gets full gas and throws you back.  I went to dealer twice and was told that normal with the trucks.  Since you all are not vested in me or truck I figured I would get an honest answer. If you all tell me that's normal then I will go with that.  Thank You in advanced.

I have a 2017 silverado crew cab ltz with the 6.2/8 speed and have not noticed any issue like you describe. But I did have the dealer change the transmission filter and flush the fluid due to a shudder at highway speed when it was very new and less than 2000km. It is cured now. Maybe that service has also helped the issue you describe? Gotta love that 6.2!