DL3 mirrors

Hi,

I want to change out my trailering mirrors for the smaller ones.  From what I understand I want the DL3 mirrors.  I'm curious if they're all the same and which functions they have.  I want power fold, heated, auto dimming, puddle lights and with the turn signals in them.  It would be nice to have reverse tilt and the small fish eye as well.  I understand that I also need the ones with the temp sensors for the diesel.  Are the temp sensors what I see on the bottom of the passenger mirror  next to the puddle light?  I've found a couple of part numbers in posts that are 23180074, and 23186412, but they're not numbers I can find at dealerships to check the application. application. Can anybody confirm that those part numbers will have all of those features? Or did the features change over the years while having the same part number?  Do I need different harnesses if I'm going from large to small on my 2015 2500HD LTZ ?    Thanks, Don

• Like 1

Hi,
I want to change out my trailering mirrors for the smaller ones.  From what I understand I want the DL3 mirrors.  I'm curious if they're all the same and which functions they have.  I want power fold, heated, auto dimming, puddle lights and with the turn signals in them.  It would be nice to have reverse tilt and the small fish eye as well.  I understand that I also need the ones with the temp sensors for the diesel.  Are the temp sensors what I see on the bottom of the passenger mirror  next to the puddle light?  I've found a couple of part numbers in posts that are 23180074, and 23186412, but they're not numbers I can find at dealerships to check the application. application. Can anybody confirm that those part numbers will have all of those features? Or did the features change over the years while having the same part number?  Do I need different harnesses if I'm going from large to small on my 2015 2500HD LTZ ?    Thanks, Don

Sounds like this is a question for pgamboa he’s the one that does all the harness mods and mirror swaps become a breeze helped me change out me LT 1500 dl8 mirrors to DL3 mirrors and gave me all the guidance needed to do an easy install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Don, I have a few pairs for sale. Are you gas or Diesel? I also have the harnesses for them too, but let’s understand the process to successfully complete the Retrofit from your DQS Mirrors to these DL3s.

They are take offs from 2018 trucks with less than 1000 miles on them and in pristine condition.

Thanks!

That’s correct. The $750 is a bundled for those that want to “upgrade” to these from the standard DL8 Mirrors. Since a harness doesn’t exist for this upgrade, $285 of that $750 are for the custom built harnesses. Mirrors only are $400 shipped. If you want the factory harnesses for these (which should work in your case of “downgrading”), I can sell you the factory/non-modified harnesses for $150.

I also have to check if what I have will Support diesel. I think I might have sold my K40 - Diesel set a few days ago to a local member.

Both sets I have are non-Diesel. So if you have a temp sensor under your passenger mirror, you’ll want to find a set that has them. Otherwise, you may get a CEL error.