Mirror upgrade issues..wiring help

So my truck came with heated, power mirrors with blinker. Decided to upgrade to towing mirrors, heated power, no blinker. Install went fine, however when I hit the the seat memory recall button, the drivers mirror goes nutty. See vid.

Any ideas?? 

When I bought my rig, there was weird stuff like that happening. To resolve the issue, I moved the mirrors, seat position, heat controls, stereo station etc to where I wanted them, and then held down the "recall" button for 20 seconds. The ignition needed to be on, trans in park, foot on the brake. That told the computer to remember all those settings. Now when I start the rig or push the "recall" button, nothing happens (which is a good thing). I think what you have going on, is that the mirror is trying to return to the preset position, but it is having trouble doing it. I had to program both recall buttons to the same settings, otherwise everything would auto adjust to the wrong settings if I used remote or key #2. 

Edited by starman8tdc
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, starman8tdc said:

When I bought rig, there was weird stuff like that happening. To resolve the issue, I moved the mirrors, seat position, heat controls, stereo station etc to where I wanted them, and then held down the "recall" button for 20 seconds. The ignition needed to be on, trans in park, foot on the brake. That told the computer to remember all those settings. Now when I start the rig or push the "recall" button, nothing happens (which is a good). I think what you have going on, is that the mirror is trying to return to the preset position, but it is having trouble doing it. I had to program both recall buttons to the same settings, otherwise everything would auto adjust to the wrong settings if I used remote or key #2. 

thanks, will give this a try