2017 Canyon Denali with A/C & Fan not work

Skillet2008

Question

My in Took my 2017 Canyon Denali, to Houston (approx 550 miles from home.) A/C worked great w/temp 92. On the drive home the temp was 99. The A/C & fan would only work 20 min(with the fan also hardly blowing) at a time. After turning a/c and fan off and on every 20 min....eventually it quit all together. Let the car rest for 30 min didnt help. Took 3 days before I could get it in to service ctr. I drove it everyday to work & it did not work, no a/c on cool mornings no a/c on hot evenings. Service Ctr has it for 6 days and call "there is nothing wrong with Fan or A/C". I explain, drive it on a much hotter day...so they pick 86 temp day. All but 2 days were 90+ temps. They never drove it on a truly hot day.  I read about self created air conditioning problems GMC is having with other models. Guess what?? My A/C & fan is doing the same thing thats happening on other 2017 models. I read the air conditioner & compressor are defective (some say on purpose) & can't handle southwest summers. I  have NEVER had the A/C go out on a 6 month old truck. Has anyone else had issues with A/C & Fan that's in the Canyon Denali??? I'm suspect of the dealership. Why keep my truck 6 days if nothing's wrong? I have had a few miracles in my lifetime, I'm in my 50s,  but NEVER had the A/C break along with the fan and then suddenly...they are no longer working.

2 answers to this question

My truck has been in the shop non-stop.  The air conditioner is acting up and on very hot days blows warm air.  I have had repeated electrical problems that required them to cut off 6 connectors on my harness and replace some modules.  Was involved in an accident because the truck would not accelerate due to the electrical issues. A girl behind me assumed I had pulled out and ran into my drivers side rear quarter.  I could have been t-boned by a truck but chose to stop due to no acceleration. The latest was a constant vibration while driving over 45 mph.  Almost like hitting a rumble strip every 2-3 seconds.  bring it in and they claim they need to flush the trans 3x.  Get a call about a week ago stating they have to replace the torque converter and filter but that there was no parts available.   Went to pick it up today and as soon as me an the family pull out,   I look at the gauges and yep, check engine light is on.  WTH???  Air is sitll blowing warm and is looking into the issue.  GM, you obviously have a serious part issue that is faulty across the board for the air alone.  Get your act together.  Never owned an domestic vehicle ever, an have had more problems with this one truck than 8 of my Japanese cars over my entire driving life.  Look good but not reliable at all! I see you losing allot of market share in the coming years due to poor quality.   

My 2018 Colorado is in the shop now for the 5th time. The dealer is working with GM because the service Bulletin that they have states there is no fix for this issue. After 50 miles on the xpressway in hot humid weather. The evaporator freezes up. I attached the service bulletin. Show it to your dealer and call GM. I had to call the BBB in order to get them to lo0k at it.

Service bulletin 8-11-2018.jpg

8-24-18-3.jpg