2014 1500 Winch Wiring Install

So I've had my truck for 3 years and am just now getting around to installing a winch. Not that it really matters but it's a decades old 8274.  Mount is currently at the welders shop.

I want to wire it up as best I can. Old cables ends were corroded so they will not be utilized.  I ordered some 1/0 cables from batterycablesusa.com.  5/16th on each end. As per Warn specs I will attach the ground to the battery and not the frame.

For those of you that have wired a winch to your '14 and later 1500, where exactly did you connect the cables at the battery.  Did you use the tension bolt, opposite end of the cable going to the junction bar,  the empty 125 amp location on the bar or somewhere else?

Pics would be great.

Thanks!

Battery.jpg

I haven’t wired my winch yet, but I did wire a light bar to one of those empty bolts there once. Fun fact, if it doesn’t have a good connection it’ll short out your power steering...mid turn....lesson learned 

3 hours ago, 44Bogger said:

So I've had my truck for 3 years and am just now getting around to installing a winch. Not that it really matters but it's a decades old 8274.  Mount is currently at the welders shop.

I want to wire it up as best I can. Old cables ends were corroded so they will not be utilized.  I ordered some 1/0 cables from batterycablesusa.com.  5/16th on each end. As per Warn specs I will attach the ground to the battery and not the frame.

For those of you that have wired a winch to your '14 and later 1500, where exactly did you connect the cables at the battery.  Did you use the tension bolt, opposite end of the cable going to the junction bar,  the empty 125 amp location on the bar or somewhere else?

Pics would be great.

Thanks!

Battery.jpg

Where did you mount your winch?