UCA level or 4" lift

ok dont blast me on here for a burned out topic...i have been searching and reading for months now and just want to ask the question in my own wording.

i have a 2018 chevy 2500HD gasser. Really just want a level and can handle just slightly worse ride since i will be going from 20" to 18" wheels and have more side wall cushion to help the ride. but i have a brand new truck so i want to make sure everything is mechanically sound.

leveling i would look at NEW UCA (probably cognito or CCM motorsports), diff spacer, and shock extensions, Bilstien shocks. just cranking the factor keys just enough to achieve almost level. I would not crank them to full level so i could try and keep the CV angle as best as possible. i would think i should still have a fairly decent ride with this option because im going into it knowing i am not cranking the key to achieve a true level right and also swapping the ranchos out for Bilstiens?????

For a lift i would look at a 4" system and lower the keys as much as possible. For this option i know what im getting into and would just like to know if its really really worth spending the money on the Cognito or is the ruff country/ Zone/ or other brands will do fine. I dont go off roading and the only ruff stuff the truck will see is a little bit of off slow off road trail to get to a fishing hole and shooting site but i usually go pretty slow around 5-10MPH on the trail. i mainly want a level/ lift for better look and tire and also it will be nice to have the front end up a little in the winter when we get our usual 10" of snow over night here in Alaska. 

thanks all!

ok dont blast me on here for a burned out topic...i have been searching and reading for months now and just want to ask the question in my own wording.

i have a 2018 chevy 2500HD gasser. Really just want a level and can handle just slightly worse ride since i will be going from 20" to 18" wheels and have more side wall cushion to help the ride. but i have a brand new truck so i want to make sure everything is mechanically sound.

leveling i would look at NEW UCA (probably cognito or CCM motorsports), diff spacer, and shock extensions, Bilstien shocks. just cranking the factor keys just enough to achieve almost level. I would not crank them to full level so i could try and keep the CV angle as best as possible. i would think i should still have a fairly decent ride with this option because im going into it knowing i am not cranking the key to achieve a true level right and also swapping the ranchos out for Bilstiens?????

For a lift i would look at a 4" system and lower the keys as much as possible. For this option i know what im getting into and would just like to know if its really really worth spending the money on the Cognito or is the ruff country/ Zone/ or other brands will do fine. I dont go off roading and the only ruff stuff the truck will see is a little bit of off slow off road trail to get to a fishing hole and shooting site but i usually go pretty slow around 5-10MPH on the trail. i mainly want a level/ lift for better look and tire and also it will be nice to have the front end up a little in the winter when we get our usual 10" of snow over night here in Alaska. 

thanks all!
I did exactly what you describe to level my 2015 2500HD gasser (went with the Cognito UCA and Kryptonite steering rods). The ride is great, pretty much like stock.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

On 8/21/2018 at 12:24 AM, alaskaguy2019 said:

I have seen that kit, but i can get shocks down the line and the cognito kit is $600-$700 with UCA and shock spacers, i would just need to get some diff spacers. Do you have the SuspensionMaxx kit?

i do not. If I wanted a level though, its 100% what I would choose. No doubt. However, I will be doing a 4.5" BDS lift. A level will get old after awhile and I know I will want it lifted.