86 Chevrolet Silverado k30 4x4 454 TH400

Good morning all you repair gurus. I've got an issue that totally has me stumped. This morning I started my truck to go to work everything just fine, get about quarter of a mile from my house and my headlights, dash lights start flickering and the engine sounded like it was turning off then it came back on, the truck continued down the road about another hundred feet or so and then total loss of power! No dash lights headlights nothing, not even the dome light. I turned the key off, tried to crank the engine, nothing, no lights dome lights, nothing! Tried to put the truck in neutral to push it off of the road and I couldn't even get it into neutral, wouldn't come out of park. I sat there trying to think what to do, opened the door popped the hood, looked under the hood, couldn't see anything obvious. closed to Hood, tried to start the truck, fired up so I turn her back around and got my little car and headed to work.

I did recently change my ignition switch, following advice from a mechanic friend, As I had a similar situation happen except for one morning I went start the truck and the starter went to turn over, probably half a second of crank, then total lost power. So after some troubleshooting with test light found that there was no power to the hot connection junction terminal on the engine bay firewall, that was the advice I was given. That was a couple weeks ago so I don't know. Any ideas?

Update ***

So I took you guys advice and drop the steering column and removed and reinstalled the ignition switch. I could only find 3 grounds. 1- from Battery negative to alternator mount. 2- from battery to chassis at Grill/radiator area. 3- from frame to chassis a grill/radiator area. ANY MORE GROUNDS TO LOOK AT? I removed, cleaned and reinstalled all 3 of those. I then started the truck up and was watching my small monitor that is part of my Holley sniper EFI kit that I installed 8 or so months ago. And all the sudden I seen my battery voltage box go red and start flashing at 18 + volts!! at the same time my dome light in the cab of my truck started to Flicker and the truck started to run really rough. Turned off the ignition. Then turned the key to ignition which fired up the electric fuel pump but dimmed my LED dome light at the same time. I then tried to turn the truck over with no luck not even a click. Right now all I have is power to my LED dome light. Even if I try to turn on my headlights everything goes black. Have no idea what's going on??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Okay so I think I figured it out. I started the battery chasing hot connections with my test light and my voltmeter. On my battery to starter cable the connection at the starter had some wiggle to it which was kind of odd, so I decided to take it apart and after I took the first nut and the two cables off of it I noticed that the nut holding the copper all thread in place was loose and the entire main connection bolt for the 4 gauge battery cable connection was not a quality connection at all. I tightened everything up made all my connections and fired the truck up. So far so good so I decided to take it for a spin for 15-20 minutes back around the area of my house and all is good!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk