First, as I’m searching on here to help solve a problem, I’m finding that the nearly $800 I paid last week at the dealership to replace my middle row tv that suddenly went out wasn’t necessary. I see many other 2025 Yukon xl denalis have had the same problem, and it is a $20 fix by ordering a cable from amazon. Wow. I may be a Roman that doesn’t know much about cars, but I certainly would have tried this myself if I had found this forum. Seems like the tv unit should be recalled?

Secondly, for some history of another issue I have had with my Yukon, on 3 occasions, I haven’t gotten to a destination to find that my key fob was left at home ( cranked the car with the key fob, and one of my kids went back into the house using the keys without bringing them back), and of 2 out of the 3 times, my car was shut off and turned BACK on without the key fob! Once I came home to the key fob being on my counter while I had been driving about, and twice they were found still in my home’s entry door by one of the kids. As this is my first keyless vehicle, I chalked this up to being user error and didn’t realize most vehicles would not have made it out of the driveway without the key fob. On the other hand, I knew it wasn’t right for my car to crank without keys, and have blamed this on faulty modern technology and “convieneince”. 

3rd- my car battery went dead on me for no apparent reason when it had $33k miles on it, and now it has 50k miles on it. I have also replaced the key fob battery 2 months ago.  

THE BIG PROBLEM::: I was left stranded with my 2 young children in a parking lot 2 weeks ago when we got in the car and it would not crank do to “Service Anti theft System” and my car was locked. I called my gmc dealership where I purchased the vehicle and they said there is nothing I can do but have it towed! OnStar said the same! After MULTIPLE attempts of walking myself and my kids as far away as I could get in a gas station parking lot, locking, unlocking, etc.. my car cranked on an attempt. It continued to say Service anti theft with a light that showed my car being locked down. I drove it to the dealership. They kept it for 1 day. Said they fixed the problem.... that my car battery was a little corroded and probably didn’t have a great connection, and that they reprogrammed my key fob just to be sure.. WELL, tonight it happened AGAIN at 10pm during a run to buy groceries. Stranded in the parking lot, I videoed the situation with my phone... walking away from the car, unsuccessful attempts at getting my car to start, and eventually starting again 25 minutes later while it maintains the anti theft message. I have four kids ages 1-9 that I’m driving around here and there, and can not afford to be stranded. 

Wgat is the deal here? I had a 2009 GMC Yukon XL ( No bells or whistles), for 7 years without any problems. My Yukon XL Denali was much more pricy, many more bell and whistles, and ALOT more problems. Can anyone help me with any of this??? 

I was able to drive my car and drop it off at the dealership tonight once it cranked, so that they may re-evaluate what they thought was wrong with it. Can anyone help me?? Anyone else out there have their car lock up due to “Service Anti-theft System”. I’m lacking confidence in the guys at the dealership who talk about doing google searches to find the problems with my car, rather than having sufficient mechanical/computer knowledge to make the correct repair to my car. FYI... sane dealership is where I spent a small fortune for them to replace the middle row tv a few weeks ago, when it appears on a forum here that was overkill :-/  

I would look at the bill and see what they did to repair the screen to determine if it was only the cable and if that is the case then they over charged you and I would let the Service Manager know that you are not happy about the cost. Brand new car batteries can go bad sitting in a new car on the Dealers lot and there are many other reasons so your battery going bad is just part of vehicle maintenance unless something is draining the battery which the Dealer can check. The car starting without a FOB and the no start indicates that there is an issue that needs to be fixed. I would talk to the Service Manager and contact GMC customer service. If you get no satisfaction from this Dealer then I would find another GM Dealer. You should not be having these problem but sometimes it happens and it makes it a lot harder when you have kids and being left stranded. I am assuming that you have no warranty since you had to pay for the repair which that money could have gone towards an extended warranty which I would recommend on these vehicles with all the new technology.Repairs can get rather expensive for labor parts and diagnosing electrical issues.  I would look on line for Dealers who advertise extended warranties and you should be able to save money over your local Dealer pricing or have them match the on line price. What is the year and mileage of your vehicle?

• 2 years later...

I have been having a similar issue where my 2015 Denali Yukon Xl completely dies out of no where. Like I’m driving it and suddenly everything goes blank and turns off. Can’t do anything. Can’t even unlock the doors. Nothing. Battery was recently replaced like a year ago due to leaving light on but besides that no issues at all. It’s 79000 mileage so nothing showing why this is happening. No dashboard notifications. Nothing. Please advise what this could be. I don’t want it to shut off on me randomly on the highway. Extremely dangerous and scared to drive it now

• 4 months later...