Fishing at Lake Comedero - Mexico

mfennema

A buddy of mine and I went to Mexico 5 years ago to fish Lake El Salto and had a great time. We decided it was about time to go back again, so this time we went to Lake Comedero and stayed at Lake Comedero Lodge and they guided our trip. 

We traveled into Mazatlan, Mexico on Friday 1/11 and were picked up by James the owner of Lake Comedero Lodge. From Mazatlan it is about a 3.5 hour drive to the lodge but there were plenty of refreshing beverages and snacks to enjoy on the ride. Once we arrived we were greeted by Debbie, James' wife and were taken on a tour of the grounds and shown our rooms and the common areas as our equipment and luggage were being unloaded. We had a delicious dinner and some more beverages before calling it a night to get ready for the next morning.

Wake up call was 5AM on the following morning which wasn't too bad for our group because we came from EST and the lodge is 2 hours behind. A hearty breakfast was hot and ready for us on the table by 5:30 and we were in the trucks to head down to the boats by 5:50. We would fish from about 6AM until approximately 11:30 when we would come in for lunch which usually was fish, hush puppies, french fries, cole slaw, beans, and dessert. We would eat/rest/nap until around 1:15 and then head back to the lake where we would fish from 1:30 to dark (6PM or so). After that we would head back to the lodge, have some drinks, call our families, etc and then have dinner which varied every night and all were extremely delicious. Then rinse and repeat. We were there 5 nights and fished 4 days and by the end we were all beat.

I would highly recommend fishing with Lake Comedero Lodge if any of you are interested in a trip like this. www.lakecomederolodge.com

The trip started off a little slow due to bright blue bird skies, my buddy and I still had 99 fish in our boat on the first day with a 5lb 12oz and a 6lb 1oz. The second day we only had 60 with the largest fish being 5lb 2 oz. On the third day it was overcast and the bite really picked up as we caught 137 fish with 5 fish over 5 lb with the largest being caught by myself at 8lb 8oz. Then on day 4 we caught 142 fish with 5 more being over 5 lb and I caught another monster at 8lb 10oz.

Our overall group of 8 people in 4 boats for 4 days caught 1802 total fish with 5 over 8 pounds with my two fish being the largest.

Now to the fun part... PICTURES!

Mid Morning.JPGHeading in for lunch

Evening.JPGEvening

Sunset.JPG
Sunset

5.13 lb.JPG 
5lb. 13 oz.
6.9 lb.JPG 
6 lb. 9 oz.

8.8 lb.JPG 
8 lb. 8 oz.

IMG_20190115_193617148.jpg