2019 TRAIL BOSS Range technology

I now have 800 miles on my 5.3 6 speed Trail boss,have to be honest the AFM was pretty smooth tranny too.It bothers me though that 4 pistons are cycling in the cylinder without fuel hitting them to cool off,plus no combustion.Just don't seem natural mechanically,I just threw in the 8.6R1 version straight from Range. No codes took it around block,yes I noticed a big time difference in throttle response came back turn key off Range light went off IN SLEEP MODE save on battery. The only thing is my DIC does not show V4 OR V8 mode yes I know you can scroll with the knob,but my model does not have it the modes..  I like to hear from anyone who has run the Range long term.On a side note checked oil at 5 miles and checked at 800miles still at full mark exactly.

Keith

Edited by K455

If you want long term experience, you might want to do a search in the K2 forums as it was a very popular addition to that generation of trucks.

Unfortunately the Range doesn’t disable the DFM that’s in the higher trims, so there’s probably not a lot of people here that have been using it.

21 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

If you want long term experience, you might want to do a search in the K2 forums as it was a very popular addition to that generation of trucks.

Unfortunately the Range doesn’t disable the DFM that’s in the higher trims, so there’s probably not a lot of people here that have been using it.

Thanks for the reply!  The new version does infact disable DFM and auto stop. I am wrong it does not disable DFm only auto stop with Afm sorry

Edited by K455
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, Jrohl said:

When did the new module get released? I thought they were still in testing for the dfm engines?

It's not new, the T1 custom still uses the old 5.3 engine, so the Range device still works for that engine. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

It's not new, the T1 custom still uses the old 5.3 engine, so the Range device still works for that engine. 

Ahhhh ok ok, I was wondering if I missed something. Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 2:32 PM, gennylight13 said:

I currently just ordered mine from range so I hope I have a great response like you did. I have a 2019 trailboss custom 5.3. should be in this week 

I now have 8000 miles on it never taken out,not 1 problem with it. My 6 speed tranny is soooooo smooth I have to look at the rpms to know the shift!  How did you make out?

Edited by K455
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

so I have had mine for about 2000 miles and I just dont like the way it shifts. I think It shifts better without it. it holds gears to long and down shifts hard for me. not sure I'm gonna try contacting range today

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 9/25/2019 at 7:26 AM, gennylight13 said:

so I have had mine for about 2000 miles and I just dont like the way it shifts. I think It shifts better without it. it holds gears to long and down shifts hard for me. not sure I'm gonna try contacting range today

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

6 speed or 8?