component speaker install

No. [emoji6]

I mounted mine in the door, in a cavity behind the handle. Just zip tied after trimming some. Problem is all xovers are different shape, so it is hard to define one perfect spot.

The other problem is getting wires in and out of doors, so mounting in the better protected cab is much too difficult.

I kept mind on the inboard side of the sound/water/whatever barrier to prevent corrosion.

Edit:

I'll add to that, that my tweeters are mounted in the door sails, so all speaker side wires from xover are in the door.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 2019-03-30 at 5:49 PM, primal1 said:

I'm getting ready to install speaker pods in place of my tweeters on my a-pillars. the pods will house a 3" mid and tweet. the door will house the 6" woofer. are there any good locations to mount the x-over. 

I just found a deadly spot on my 07 for pretty much the same speaker locations recently for my x-overs when doing some cable re-routing.  Behind cover for interior fuse box on driver side and above the actual fuse box there is a end of a piece of bigger metal tubing (which I believe is part of your actual frame for entire dash and same under cover on passenger side as well ).  There’s a roughly 1.5” space between pipe and plastic dash piece and probably about a 3”x4” opening which my xover just perfectly slid into, haven’t even had to secure them and was easy to get wires from a pillars for tweeters and from below as well and pull it out, attach all 6 leads and squish back in place inside with lots of extra room for speaker wire to fold back in(I ran all new 12-14ga speaker wire to every speaker from amp on rear wall behind back seat).

I have 6.5” JBL GTO compenent with 1” tweeters by the way, and that spot worked great for the xover.

On 4/1/2019 at 7:51 AM, Troy Amson said:

I just found a deadly spot on my 07 for pretty much the same speaker locations recently for my x-overs when doing some cable re-routing.  Behind cover for interior fuse box on driver side and above the actual fuse box there is a end of a piece of bigger metal tubing (which I believe is part of your actual frame for entire dash and same under cover on passenger side as well ).  There’s a roughly 1.5” space between pipe and plastic dash piece and probably about a 3”x4” opening which my xover just perfectly slid into, haven’t even had to secure them and was easy to get wires from a pillars for tweeters and from below as well and pull it out, attach all 6 leads and squish back in place inside with lots of extra room for speaker wire to fold back in(I ran all new 12-14ga speaker wire to every speaker from amp on rear wall behind back seat).

I have 6.5” JBL GTO compenent with 1” tweeters by the way, and that spot worked great for the xover.

Thanks. I ended up not getting them installed yet because as soon as I started, the wife informed me that our sump pump was not working. I spent the last bit of my free time plumbing. I'm going to try this weekend. Any pics?

• 1 month later...