2004 2500HD brake controller

I asked a dealership to find me a used truck to pull my 9k fully loaded gooseneck horse trailer, and they've found me a 2004 regular cab 250HD with 4x4.  I'm trying not to bother them too much, this truck has a hitch on the rear and plug for a 7 pin plug, does it have a factory break controller?  If not I will need to purchase one.  I wasn't sure if it was new enough to have the integrated controller or not.  

Edited by Horsetime

It does NOT have a factory "BRAKE" controller. That said it is easy enough to wire in. There is a mid rear harness that plugs in that was available  as a 7 pin.  You may want the 7 in in the bed for your trailer?

Also, you may want this truck to be a LONG bed, with that type of trailer for turning.

I mount the brake controller in the console up in the ceiling, so Its easy to see, and adjust

Edited by Formulabruce
  • Like 1

Thank you, it is a long bed.  Took me forever to find one period, let alone in my price range and I ended up sacrificing the crew cab to get it.  I know plenty of people with short or super short beds but they all have new glass in their windows because of that.  I will have to have a ball put in the bed, and I will do the 7 in the bed as well.  Know people that don't, but they replace their cords every now and then as well.