Reverse Light Splitter-Taillight

Hello everyone.  Does anyone know, of a splitter that can plug into the reverse light socket on our trucks?  I was considering adding bedlights, that can turn on, when you hit the keyfob button.  Seems like it would be a simple way to add bedlights, without running much wiring, to some LED's.

any thoughts?

On 6/16/2019 at 8:21 AM, silverado2k18 said:

Hello everyone.  Does anyone know, of a splitter that can plug into the reverse light socket on our trucks?  I was considering adding bedlights, that can turn on, when you hit the keyfob button.  Seems like it would be a simple way to add bedlights, without running much wiring, to some LED's.

any thoughts?

Why not just buy the GM version?  All trucks already come with the plug near the spare tire.  The kit is plug-and-play and the length of wiring is just about the same as if you tried to connect to the reverse lights.  The factory bed lights work with the cargo light switch but there is an easy mod in these forums that shows you how to put an inexpensive diode in place to make the bed lights come on when you push the unlock button on your key fob.

14 hours ago, sk said:

Why not just buy the GM version?  All trucks already come with the plug near the spare tire.  The kit is plug-and-play and the length of wiring is just about the same as if you tried to connect to the reverse lights.  The factory bed lights work with the cargo light switch but there is an easy mod in these forums that shows you how to put an inexpensive diode in place to make the bed lights come on when you push the unlock button on your key fob.

i've thought about that, just unsure where to purchase such diode, or part number of it.  i've seen various prices for the bedlight kit.  per chevrolet website, i need kit # 23295943 which i am told, has a 6 pin adapter on it.  elsewhere online, i found part # 23295942 for much cheaper, advertised to work with 2018 and 6 pin plug.  any idea what the difference is between those sets?

10 hours ago, silverado2k18 said:

i've thought about that, just unsure where to purchase such diode, or part number of it.  i've seen various prices for the bedlight kit.  per chevrolet website, i need kit # 23295943 which i am told, has a 6 pin adapter on it.  elsewhere online, i found part # 23295942 for much cheaper, advertised to work with 2018 and 6 pin plug.  any idea what the difference is between those sets?

I don't know much about the difference except that it has something to do with the plug.  The light pods themselves are actually the same.  Just call a dealership and give them your VIN and they will be able to give you the correct part number for the kit you need.  Then just look online for a better price (there are usually a bunch for sale on ebay).

As for the diode just do some searching on here.  I know there were a bunch of members who had to buy something like 10 or 20 and only need 1 or 2.  Most of these guys will mail you a couple of diodes if you offer something to cover shipping (which is only a few postage stamps anyway).

ADDED IN EDIT:

Here is one thread that has some diode part numbers.

Edited by sk
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2019 at 7:21 AM, silverado2k18 said:

any thoughts?

If you have the 7 plug trailer lights, you can use a pigtail to split out a 5 wire plug (the fifth wire is reverse). I used Curt 56584 to wire some lights on my truck that use parking, turn, and reverse. It makes for a pretty clean install.

5 hours ago, aero10 said:

If you have the 7 plug trailer lights, you can use a pigtail to split out a 5 wire plug (the fifth wire is reverse). I used Curt 56584 to wire some lights on my truck that use parking, turn, and reverse. It makes for a pretty clean install.

this is what i was thinking of.  any pictures of your install?

12 hours ago, silverado2k18 said:

this is what i was thinking of.  any pictures of your install?

No, I didn't take any pictures while I was installing. If thought about it but once I got into working everything I forgot. I might one day get around to taking some pictures and doing a write-up on what I did.