Well looks like I'm taking my new to me truck in

Heres the latest load of crap ive ever seen or heard...

They said my plugs were fouled and gunked blaming it on the closed up manifold.   They want to charge me 135 [again] just for looking at and of course warranty covers nothing.   Well spark plugs at 37000 miles dont just foul out on their own.  Obviously something else caused it which may be covered under warranty.   Even at that why must i pay for something they may have caused.   All i know is i don't want to turn this ugly.... somebody help me wrap my head around this crap. 

9 minutes ago, MNorby said:

Are all 8 plugs fouled or just the 4 on that bank? Is it the bank that had the exhaust manifold leak?

Im not positive as the service guy just said plugs and since im at work and i got busy i couldn't question or anything.  Its still at the dealer.   Yes the bank or code was for cylinder 3 and the repair was done on 1 basically.  Im wondering if they did a compression test. 

Edited by offroadman83

1 hour ago, MNorby said:

My initial guess is the exhaust leak was making the reading to the o2 on the bank incorrect and so it richened up that bank and fouled those 4 plugs 

Anything is possible....

I’ll throw this out there. I live through lots of weird vehicle things. I had a 98 Ford 4.6 truck I bought used to work on a job site. Coming home one day the check engine light came on and it started missing. I stopped by a parts store got plugs and wires went to my shop. A technician was still there and had a tool to plug in to see what cylinder was missing. He was busy and I was tired so I replaced just the one. Problem solved the summer and 30K miles later never another problem. I ended up trading it to a costumer for a two door Tahoe. He was still driving it 5 years later when I retired. Sometimes there’s no explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So went to pick it up today and argue a bit.  They told me it was all 8 spark plugs and they had the remnants of running lean aka black and whitish on the tips.  I argued a bit and got the bill down by half which is basically what I spent for new plugs when I got home.  I changed out all the plugs which didn't really look too bad and its running fine for now.  Praying this is the last visit for a long time................