Sternall

The 2018 truck's ECM and TCM were destroyed in a front end collision, both were replaced with NEW modules from GM. Using the J2535 Pass-through tool, I subscribed with the VIN # to GM SPS service to reprogram the new ECM with the calibration settings and write the VIN to it. All went well on the upload to the new ECM till the bar graph hit 100% and it then failed with reprogram error. The scanner gives me a P0630 error code which is no VIN written to ECM, and when I check for the VIN on the scanner I get 17 blank spaces. So no VIN has been entered into my new ECM yet.

When I tried to repeat the process to get the VIN into the ECM, the GM SPS software reads the ECM and told me that the new ECM settings were at the latest calibration level and that I was not allowed to reflash the same calibration level. So it appears that the latest calibration settings wrote to my new ECM, but the VIN # of the Camaro body did not. I need help in getting the VIN number into the new ECU, or erase the setting that are saved in there already so I can at least try the process again. 
Hope someone out there is familiar with the latest GM SPS system and new GM Global programmable ECMs used after model year 2016.

The ECM part # is 12692070.