I have a 88 chevy 350 4x4 that I want to start working on.  It will need an engine rebuild and I was thinking about going back with a better cam and vortec heads for the 350.  Also is think it would be better to go with a 4 barrel carb over the stock tbi.  More power and do not have to worry about computer as this has the 700r4.  Has anyone done this conversion and would they do anything different or would I be crazy to go with this set up of vortec heads and 4 barrel and why?  Thanks

I have a 88 chevy 350 4x4 that I want to start working on.  It will need an engine rebuild and I was thinking about going back with a better cam and vortec heads for the 350.  Also is think it would be better to go with a 4 barrel carb over the stock tbi.  More power and do not have to worry about computer as this has the 700r4.  Has anyone done this conversion and would they do anything different or would I be crazy to go with this set up of vortec heads and 4 barrel and why?  Thanks

Depending on emissions requirements where you are the possibility’s are endless. You’re doing your self a service by researching your options. Painless is a good place to check making some of your options plug and play. LMC truck has been priceless in getting parts in some of the parts I needed. I once had a 65 step side that a 92 suburban engine and transmission was put in with full electronics. Curtesy of salvage yard parts. And a complete after market ac- heat unit. Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, 88stepside said:

350 Vortec is far better than the TBI swirl Port head and a small cam would be great. As for the TBI it out performs the carb in every way. You may just save money and put some time into the TLC of the TBI. You could also upgrade to tune port injection for even more power.