No Power Windows and Door Ajar Alarm

Hey all, please forgive of a repeat post, I am computer less right now and craptalk app is my only means of searching (absolutely horrible interface) and posting.

I have a 2017 Sierra and ran into an issue with my driverside door.

I currently have no control over my windows and the door alarm constantly says that the door is open.

The light for child door locks comes on when pushed but no light on the window locks.

All windows can be controlled on their individual door switches. I’m hoping this is just a dud fuse, but can’t seem to find which one it is, even after looking in the manual and online.

Any help would be appreciated, and if possible would love not to get wrecked at a dealership

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any work done in the driver door harnesses? Usually when power is lost to the driver side door, there is a window switch relearn. Did your cluster post a message that said “Open then close driver window?” This is the relearn step.

Also - then your door jamb connector. Unplug and inspect for corrosion between the two large pins. This is main + and - coming into the door.

I see this a lot on harnesses I get back.

Also, if work was done in the door, check the main connector for the driver window if this is loose, this can register the symptoms you described.

The fact that you can control the windows from their respective switch tells me this issue in driver door related.

Disregard the verbiage on the pic.

cb108c9774401aaeffc1ab54a8ce8201.jpg

Hey Phil, 

Thanks for the response.

No work has ever been done on the door, until now...
I found the issue... Pics attached...

Heres a question for you, If I add a little bit of wire to the green and yellow, will it mess with the operation. Obviously adding wiring will change the resistance of that wire. Ideally I would love to  add even just a half an inch to lessen the tension on that wire and prevent stretch.

Let me know what you think.

IMG_6025.jpg

IMG_6024.jpg

You should be fine extending it. That wire is a LIN Bus wire which is responsible for the data side of the window operation and door unlock signals. Makes sense.

• 4 years later...