Mac's 2018 Silverado High Country build

John Macliver

I'm a brand new member as of today (11/4).  I just bought my first ever pickup truck a few weeks back.  I bought a 2018 silverado high country edition with 15k miles on it.  I swear nobody ever sat anywhere in the truck but in the driver seat.  This thing is so clean.  Living in Texas and frequently driving off-road on ranch, i figured it was time for a proper truck built to handle this and look good on the pavement.  Here is a list of the first mods I did for the truck:

1. OEM all-weather mats

2. 6" BDS Lift

3. Fuel Offroad Sledge D595 Wheels 20x10 -18 Offset

4. Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.50X20

5. Lomax Tri-fold Tonneau Cover

Thus far I love this truck.  i cannot believe how smooth the ride is and how quiet it is.  I want to find some front end bumper options mainly for protection sake but don't want a full on Ranch Hand style grille guard.  Would consider aftermarket bumper with low profile bar on it.  So any thoughts, pics, reviews would be appreciated.  Not sure if I want to change out the exhaust.  Also going to put some type of wheel liners on the rear wheels.  A work in progress and I'm sure more things will get added to the list.  

Let me know what mods you have done and what you recommend I do on any front, ie: performance, lighting, etc.  Here are some before and after pics:

1364437867_Silveradobefore.thumb.jpg.9089c99ca345909732916b14bd383ea0.jpg

833841089_Silveradoafter.thumb.jpg.6a3cb442de101903553f64a3548f7cb3.jpg

Silverado wheel offset.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 11/3/2019 at 6:54 AM, John Macliver said:

I'm a brand new member as of today (11/4).  I just bought my first ever pickup truck a few weeks back.  I bought a 2018 silverado high country edition with 15k miles on it.  I swear nobody ever sat anywhere in the truck but in the driver seat.  This thing is so clean.  Living in Texas and frequently driving off-road on ranch, i figured it was time for a proper truck built to handle this and look good on the pavement.  Here is a list of the first mods I did for the truck:

1. OEM all-weather mats

2. 6" BDS Lift

3. Fuel Offroad Sledge D595 Wheels 20x10 -18 Offset

4. Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.50X20

5. Lomax Tri-fold Tonneau Cover

Thus far I love this truck.  i cannot believe how smooth the ride is and how quiet it is.  I want to find some front end bumper options mainly for protection sake but don't want a full on Ranch Hand style grille guard.  Would consider aftermarket bumper with low profile bar on it.  So any thoughts, pics, reviews would be appreciated.  Not sure if I want to change out the exhaust.  Also going to put some type of wheel liners on the rear wheels.  A work in progress and I'm sure more things will get added to the list.  

Let me know what mods you have done and what you recommend I do on any front, ie: performance, lighting, etc.  Here are some before and after pics:

1364437867_Silveradobefore.thumb.jpg.9089c99ca345909732916b14bd383ea0.jpg

833841089_Silveradoafter.thumb.jpg.6a3cb442de101903553f64a3548f7cb3.jpg

Silverado wheel offset.jpeg

Definitely a good looking rig!