4300k vs 5000k HID Bulbs

Hey guys, so I have a 2017 with the stock HID's. Looking to switch to the brighter Hylux bulb but I'm unsure which Kelvin rating to go with. I've been told 4300k is close to stock if not stock in terms of colour temperature compared to the stock HID's. I also know they will produce more visible light and be easier on my eyes, especially during heavy snowfall compared to the 5000k option. But how much more "blue" is 5000k?

I noticed my fog lights (stock LED's) are pretty blue from the factory compared to the stock HID headlights. I also noticed that the stock LED's on the LTZ and High Country trucks are more blue than the stock HID's in the lower trims. Would 5000k be similar to the colour of the stock LED's on the higher trim trucks? I'm comfortable going to something a hair more blue but I want them to look stock, if 5000k would match the colour of the stock LED headlights or fog lights then that's what I'll go with.

I'll wait to hear back from everyone, thanks!

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

The stock HIDs are 25 watt D5S. You would need the Morimoto D5S setup. Do you have a 2500 or 1500 truck?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mine's a 1500 so it has the stock HID's. Also Hylux makes a direct plug and play replacement for the D5S bulb. I've decided to go with Hylux because the Morimoto's cause the auto lights function to not work.

Thanks for the link, that really helped. I've decided to go with 5000k, I'll post back here when I install them. Hopefully they're noticeably brighter and a hair more blue without looking aftermarket.