1999 C3500 5.7L Vortec Fuel Leak

1 minute ago, davester said:

There are a lot of different kinds of rubber hoses.

If you can find fuel-rated rubber hoses that can withstand, say 70 psi, and then find clamps to use on it that also work for that pressure (the screw clamps won't be up to the job)...

Thanks I was considering doing braided lines! The oem replacement lines are over $100 each and I am really hurting for money since that is my work truck and have been unable to work!

1 minute ago, Brandon Kozusnik said:

True so something like this should hold up as long as I can find clamps to hold up as well? https://www.amazon.com/Continental-Elite-65148-Fuel-Injection/dp/B000EM7H0U/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=high+psi+fuel+line&qid=1577763329&sr=8-3

It says on hose 50 psi yet the description says 100 lol

Find some Earl's Vapor Guard. It has 100 PSI working pressure. You will need to make sure the ends are flaired correctly for the hose to hold on Durning high pressure situations.

Gates/ Continental also makes a great hose that you can be pick up at O'Reillys. Make sure it is a fuel injection hose and not just rubber hose. Lots of hoses available.

What year is the truck? TBI was low pressure fuel and under 50 would work.

Edited by Mikebtte

Good advice so far from all i agree just get reinforced fuel INJ rubber hose line from ORs and use injection clamps on each end make sure lines arent pinched and every so often look at pavement underneath for any spotting on driver side along fuel line inside frame rail or where connections and repair patches are made Good luck

Edited by OBS909VET
Misspell

Problem was fixed I went ahead and some fuel hose about 2 inch long and sleeved the metal fuel line Then put 3 hose clips the middle on being over the hole and of course 1 on each end for extra protection. Thanks you all with your help. Lol now I am fight the dumb P1345 code only thing left to do is a timing chain. Tried new distributor with cam sensor and new crank sensor.  Motor is running pretty good so I’m not going to rush doing the job haha ?

C7B561F4-FBD7-41F7-80A3-817FD29FC193.jpeg