Using Remote, Turn Key then Engine Jolts or Jumps?

ersatz

Question

I have a 2019 Canyon V6 with 2,500 miles.  When I use the remote to start the engine, get in and turn the key, you can feel a slight jolt or forward movement of the truck.  This condition will vary throughout the day, but usually happens when the truck is cold or has sat for an hour or two.  I've taken it to the dealer and as usual they can't duplicate it.  I will have to leave it overnight in order to have them diagnose it.  I thought someone out there in the community might be experiencing the same thing.  

2 answers to this question

I have felt the same exact situation with my 2018 Colorado Crew Cab Long Bed LT, remote start yesterday 54 degrees, get in seat belt on turn key slight jolt forward nothing terrible but felt it...cant find anything on it but basically a result of turning the key in the ignition. Is it a problem? Who knows......

Edited by carloliveira

Hi CARL:

I left my Canyon overnight at the dealership and they finally came up with a GM Document dated from August 12, 2019.  It is Bullentin # 08-07-30-026F and titled:  Information on Slight Vehicle Movement in Park at Start After Cold Soak. 

It concerns 2020 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks Equipped with Automatic Transmission.  

The slight movement is due to the residual transmission fluid in the clutch packs that creates a partial supply on start up.  This movement is stopped by the parking pawl and/or transmission fluid exhausting completely from the clutch packs.  

This condition is normal and no repairs should be attempted.  This can be verified by comparing  with another identically built vehicle under the same cold conditions.  

I was given a copy of the above bullentin, as it was also mentioned in the contents to have the dealer do.  Well, I'm more at ease now by knowing NO damage will occur.  Hope this helps.