hard time finding tailgate protection parts

just looking for OEM plastic top rail cap and plastic tailgate protector shield ( I guess you would call it) that come on most trucks....mine are little chewed up and just want replacements...looked thru a few sites and GM parts places but cant seem to find it or description is very vague

and then an add pops up showing me the shield is weathertec so now just top rail plastic cap.....weathertec as well?

weather tec sells whole bed liner and don't have one for mine but I just need the tailgate, all OEM trucks come with this plastic cover I am pretty sure......if anyone has any info I would appreciate it ….thnx

Edited by Dunn

thanks, yeah just need tailgate.....weathertec only sells whole liner though for bed...is that tailgate cover in first link the plastic cover or actual sheet metal panel....for $60 have to believe its the plastic but doesn't say

nah am talking about the bedliner plastic piece that's on the tailgate on all silverados…..not on top of the rail but flat panel that covers the flat portion of tailgate on inside.....

I need both the top rail protector you sent the link on and flat piece of plastic that covers the inside of whole tailgate

weathertec only sells whole kit for bed and tailgate it looks like and they don't even have one in stock anyway so......chevy site shows part # 21 on diagram but cant tell if that's plastic sheet or metal sheet under the plastic

they call it a cover panel

Cover Panel - GM (84606820)

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-cover-panel-84606820/?c=bT0xJmc9Ym9keSZzPXRhaWwtZ2F0ZSZpPUdHMTk3ODI1JnI9MjEmYT1nbWMmbz1zaWVycmEtMTUwMCZ5PTIwMTkmdD1hdDQmZT02LTJsLXY4LWdhcw%3D%3D

Edited by Dunn

nah am talking about the bedliner plastic piece that's on the tailgate on all silverados…..not on top of the rail but flat panel that covers the flat portion of tailgate on inside.....

I need both the top rail protector you sent the link on and flat piece of plastic that covers the inside of whole tailgate

weathertec only sells whole kit for bed and tailgate it looks like and they don't even have one in stock anyway so......chevy site shows part # 21 on diagram but cant tell if that's plastic sheet or metal sheet under the plastic

they call it a cover panel
Cover Panel - GM (84606820)

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-cover-panel-84606820/?c=bT0xJmc9Ym9keSZzPXRhaWwtZ2F0ZSZpPUdHMTk3ODI1JnI9MjEmYT1nbWMmbz1zaWVycmEtMTUwMCZ5PTIwMTkmdD1hdDQmZT02LTJsLXY4LWdhcw%3D%3D

There you go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

is that the plastic piece or sheet metal?....and thanks for your help

gotta be the plastic for $60 right?

Edited by Dunn

dude your the man!

kinda pissed cuz I am usually good at research and finding stuff but not this time...….thanks a bunch

case closed