3.5'' 2020 silverado lift

Hey guys, after a ton of research and searching for the right truck I finally got one! Have been trolling this forum for months and months looking at everyones setup. Which are all super nice! I took delivery of a 2020 RST black double cab with max tow package today! Super excited as its my first brand new vehicle I have ever purchased. Like most in the silverado/gmc community I have plans for it. I am going to go with a 3.5'' rough country lift with the coil struts and forged upper a-arms(they offer a military discount and I have always liked there products. My question is, has anyone installed the trailboss cv-axles with a 3-4'' lift? Is this possible? Just wanting to alleviate any type of issues in the front end with the lift. Would like to hear some feedback on this idea. Thanks guys and Ill have to get some pics tomorrow after work. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimmyjames636 said:

Hey guys, after a ton of research and searching for the right truck I finally got one! Have been trolling this forum for months and months looking at everyones setup. Which are all super nice! I took delivery of a 2020 RST black double cab with max tow package today! Super excited as its my first brand new vehicle I have ever purchased. Like most in the silverado/gmc community I have plans for it. I am going to go with a 3.5'' rough country lift with the coil struts and forged upper a-arms(they offer a military discount and I have always liked there products. My question is, has anyone installed the trailboss cv-axles with a 3-4'' lift? Is this possible? Just wanting to alleviate any type of issues in the front end with the lift. Would like to hear some feedback on this idea. Thanks guys and Ill have to get some pics tomorrow after work. :)

It would be a wise upgrade, but not necessary.  Yes it is completely possible, just order the CV axles from GM and install at the same time to save on labor.

That RC lift is pretty nice with the upper control arms and fully assembled lift struts, it’s the kit I would use if I wanted a lift. 

Edited by pewterliftedz

I called rough country the other day and asked them how tall the strut spacer is on the 3.5 inch lift kit is and they told me 1.70. so on the strut lift shock it should be about the same. I was thinking Can you use Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts for the front. Instead of the rough country struts. 

I am not sure on exact measurements, but being able to install the strut itself in one unit is far easier than compressing the springs. Bilstiens are nice don't get me wrong. I just want to be able to switch out the stock struts for an ease of install and removal if needed.