2017 Sierra Denali to 2019 Silverado LTZ 3500HD

I've had my Denali 6.2l 4WD for a couple of years and have put nearly 30k miles on the ODO.  I jumped to it from a 2010 Sierra SLT Z71, which was a great truck.  The issue with this Denali for me is the limitation of Magneride. 

My truck has tongue rating of 500lbs.  I tow a small toyhauler, several sleds with all of the gear, extra gas etc.  I also have small tractor and 20' flatbed leftover from my SLT days.  I go on snowmobile trips every winter, towing trailer sled nearly 2000 miles each way, a three day trek, two lane.  Pretty isolated, so need to take with me everything I need in case I happen to get stuck along the way.  The route is sketchy at the best of times.  Ice roads etc.    

The 3500 is overkill for what I need, but it is new, has the 6.6l diesel, LTZ and Plus package, sensors, heated steering, heated/cooled leather seats etc.  No lane assist though, it isn't something I use in my Denali.  Other than that, it is a crew cab like the Denali, is a Z71 and currently it is selling at a significant rebate. 

I've been looking for a while (still not certain though) for something that would handle more payload, handle the towing, and not limit my truck life otherwise... getting to my camp etc with all of the kit I have.  I currently feel like I'm driving a car in a truck skin with the Denali.  I may have made a mistake giving up my SLT but the 5.3 was too light for a long haul.  Love the 6.2l though.

I hope this is the appropriate placing for this topic.

Thoughts appreciated.  

2019 Chev Silverado LTZ 3500HD.jpg

Edited by Agriont
Pic of Silverado

• Agriont changed the title to 2017 Sierra Denali to 2019 Silverado LTZ 3500HD