2013 stock radio and blinkers no sound

I recently purchased a 2013 Chevy 2500hd and realized the radio wasn’t not working at all, shortly after I noticed that the turn signals were also silent. Now I have power to both as I can change the channel on the radio and flip through different sources but no sound at all, same with the blinkers as they all work perfect but they too have no sound. I’m really starting to get annoyed by the radio as I have pulled it out and looked for loose wires but found nothing. Any help was be awesome!!!

Is this stock Radio a touch screen type device? If so check internal settings, there is a way you can mute volume by setting the touch screen internally. Also note, with the addition of overhead voice commands that we can sync our blue tooth devices too, it can also be that the previous owner told the system to mute while driving. Look internally on your touch screen for a "Mute while Driving" option, this will cause no sound. Lastly, not sure if the turn signals go thru the speakers, these tend to be a fuse that pulseates when you activate them left or right, I would do some internet research on those to locate the blinker switches, you may need to replace them. 

12 hours ago, Duden625 said:

I recently purchased a 2013 Chevy 2500hd and realized the radio wasn’t not working at all, shortly after I noticed that the turn signals were also silent. Now I have power to both as I can change the channel on the radio and flip through different sources but no sound at all, same with the blinkers as they all work perfect but they too have no sound. I’m really starting to get annoyed by the radio as I have pulled it out and looked for loose wires but found nothing. Any help was be awesome!!!

What trim level and what cab do you have?  Do you have Bose if its a higher trim level?  Is the door chime working too or no sound for that as well?  

Edited by newdude

Well your blinkers definitely dont go thru your speakers, they are a box shape item usually located either around fuse panel or up underneath dash floorboard area by steering column and pedals. The relay in steering column is triggered when you select up or down. Then the signal is recieved at those items and they make their sound off those square items. Look up location for your year make and model for turn signal fuses and switches. It should say where they are at, simply replace them. As far as your stereo goes, you have something turned off internally via knobs, I am suspecting a no volume while driving setting. If you have bluetooth connections like my 2011 and 2012 did, then I would suggest checking that. Not sure what the voice command is but Try "Mute Driving" and see if it gives you menu options like it does when you say Blue tooth connections. One final question, do you have On Star?  check for a red mute button where that is, sometimes that is pushed and it mutes your speakers.