Abs and Break light with random Loss of power

Good afternoon everyone,

ive Searched and searched for my problem but haven’t found anyone with the problems I’m having so let’s dig in.

I have a 2005 GMC 1500. like most on here, while driving and sitting my ABS and break light pops on randomly, when this happens I sometimes get service 4wd or service air bag or other things that pop up with it and sometimes nothing pops up. Along with this issue I’ll randomly get my security light that pops on and all my gauges go to 0 except my Speedo and RPM gauge. When the security light pops on I also lose power to my AC pump it seems like because it will be ice cold then go to hot real quick until my security light pops off again then it starts working. I’ve hooked a reader up to it and it gives no codes once so ever. I’m completely stumped. I was hoping that someone on here could help please! 

thanks in advance!

It would be a guessing game for any of us. With that many issues it's bound to be electrical related. Could be anything from a bad ignition switch to poor connections on the harness's or bad grounds.

• 8 months later...

Not sure if you have a code reader that can read ABS codes or if you are still having the issue.... if you can manage to find someone with the more expensive reader or you have one of the more advanced readers that can read ABS and you happen to pull C0265 from ABS, the fix is really simple (link below). As for your other issues that don't involve your brake light/ABS light, definitely check your grounds. A quick google search will give you a list of ground points to check but off the top of my head I recall there was a GM truck model where they put a ground on a painted area of the body under the dash that caused some issues but not sure if the sister trucks also had the issue.