Trail boss audio

Not sure if this is the right place but i have the 2020 trail boss custom. Ive noticed my audio is pretty quiet. I have to turn the volume almost all the way up to listen to music. Anyone else have this issue? Also would it be louder if i changed the speakers to aftermarket? I dont believe i have a built in amp. And my radio is the touch screen type. Not the knob type.  Thanks in advance 

I have the LT Trailboss with the same audio setup (considered base LT). I upgraded all the speakers to JL Audio and that definitely helped out the quality. Shortly after I added 2 12 inch subs and a 1000w amp. Get some quality speakers to notice the difference.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. Do you have the subs under the back seat?(any pictures)? Also how did you run the rca's for the amp? On a different vehicle I used a line output converter that hooked to the speaker wires but kinda made the audio sound muffled

16 minutes ago, Jefez71 said:

I have the LT Trailboss with the same audio setup (considered base LT). I upgraded all the speakers to JL Audio and that definitely helped out the quality. Shortly after I added 2 12 inch subs and a 1000w amp. Get some quality speakers to notice the difference.

I used the LoC 22 and mounted the subs under the rear seat. Both 12's fit under the rear driver side while still giving me some storage space since I used the JL Audio Stealthbox made for our trucks. Here's a link with a short overview of my setup. Just jump to the 6:42 mark to see it

I have same truck, same issue,  found a Rockford fosgate 10" powered sub box on sale. Totally different system now, will keep stock door speakers till I get to them. I honestly have all controls on sub turned way down, love having a remote to control sub from drivers seat. This sub made a huge difference to stock system.

5 hours ago, JeffC said:

I have same truck, same issue,  found a Rockford fosgate 10" powered sub box on sale. Totally different system now, will keep stock door speakers till I get to them. I honestly have all controls on sub turned way down, love having a remote to control sub from drivers seat. This sub made a huge difference to stock system.

How do you have it wired? 

Spliced into rear speakers,  sub has speaker level input options. Wiring harness under driver and passenger door sills. If your not comfortable cutting and splicing,  search forms,  there is a guy on here who will make you a harness to add subs, amp,  loc .