Delphi / Aptiv Terminals

I am looking for some help tracking down Delphi (Aptiv) terminals. On my GMT-800 Duramax truck I was able to always get them (and all the connector parts as well) directly from Mouser Electronics. Mouser was nice because they often had a minimum order quantity of 1. I recently got a K2XX truck (2018 Duramax) and I am starting to transfer over some of my custom up-fitter accessories and I am seriously struggling to get parts.

Almost all of the wires I need to tap into are located in the X61A junction box beneath the steering column. That is also where the factory up-fitter connector is located, the X7 connector. From what I understand this truck uses the OCS series connectors in those spots and the connectors are unique because they're a mix of OCS 1.5 and 2.8 terminals in one connector.

The OEM connector for the X7 location is Aptiv 13924036 (per attached TSB), but I cannot find that anywhere, Mouser says it is obsolete. The Aptiv 15547106 will work (and is available) if you slice off one of the guides molded into it. I understand the approved GM 'solution' is to use GM 19328970 which is already terminated with leads. However I don't like to use butt splices if I can help it and that doesn't help me tapping into a few other connectors on the X61A junction box that are already factory terminated.

So my real question is, does anyone know where I can buy the terminals for the OCS 1.5/2.8 connectors? Everywhere says they're obsolete, on crazy back order or a minimum order of 10,000 or something. The interesting part is even Aptiv themselves don't have these connectors or terminals in their catalogs, almost as if they're GM proprietary.

I'm specifically looking for Aptiv 13849930 and 13849935 for use in the up-fitters X7 connection block. These terminals are used in a few other areas that I would like to tap into as well and I prefer to cut the factory wire and crimp on a new lead and the factory wire and re-insert it into the connector. Not to mention it helps me avoid buying lots of GM's overpriced single wire leads and using lots of butt splices.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I never expected to have such a hard time getting information and parts for this truck; it was super easy to get all the connectors and terminals for my 2005 before.

Up-Fitter X7.pdf

Yeah I've done a ton of homework on Aptiv Pins & Connectors, trying to find parts for my 2018 Silvy.   Finding parts that cross-reference/replace the obsolete Aptiv components is a PAIN.  I haven't looked into the particular plugs & pins you mention.   But I'm curious, now.   If I find anything I'll let you know.   My company has a Sales/Service account with Aptiv, so I emailed their Tech Support to see if they have a successor part number to the 13849930 and 13849935.   It's odd because the Aptiv website still lists these parts as active in their catalog.    Weird....

Also, I sometimes find results if I search by the Service Terminal p/n.  The parts I seem to dig up look identical to the standard ones.   In your case:  "7116-4112-02" and "7116-4101-08".   A few leads to try are:

https://www.jameco.com/z/7116-4112-02-Banner-Engineering-Automotive-Female-Terminal-2-8-mm_2231224.html

https://nexelec.com/YAZAKI-7116410108/

The Nexus Electronics link has a min order quantity of 50.    But it's better than 10,000....

Thank you for the information! I am glad I am not the only one struggling to get information. Aptiv is essentially useless unless your a major customer too, hopefully you having a service account will help. 

Out of curiosity, how did you discover those service terminals? I cannot really find any cross reference to the Aptiv part. Either way I will probably buy a few just to see - I'll let you know what I learn. 

Thanks again! 

1 hour ago, BrennanK said:

Thank you for the information! I am glad I am not the only one struggling to get information. Aptiv is essentially useless unless your a major customer too, hopefully you having a service account will help. 

Out of curiosity, how did you discover those service terminals? I cannot really find any cross reference to the Aptiv part. Either way I will probably buy a few just to see - I'll let you know what I learn. 

Thanks again! 

Yeah....Aptiv, as well as other manufacturers (like TE Connectivity) don't seem to have a business model where they sell to consumers, unfortunately.  So you have to find a Distributor and pray that they sell in small quantities.

The Service Terminals are actually listed with the other terminal info, in the Upfitter Document you attached.     Just randomly one day, I wanted to see what a "Service" terminal was.....so I Googled it.   And they looked like the same female crimp terminal as the 'regular' ones.   Though I admit I could not study them in great detail.  The CAD drawings/datasheets for these things are also difficult to find; so please take my recommendation with a grain of salt.    I'm not 100% certain of anything regarding these pins.....it's just the best info I have available at this time.

I hope this info will help.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2019-GM-UPFITTER-CHEVY-GMC-JUNCTION-BLOCK-CONNECTOR-AUX-SWITCHES-15547108/222378277124

This company will provide you with a complete solution.

That is if you are looking for these parts, they connect from the switches to the connector box under the dash.

23 minutes ago, lovecars said:

I hope this info will help.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2019-GM-UPFITTER-CHEVY-GMC-JUNCTION-BLOCK-CONNECTOR-AUX-SWITCHES-15547108/222378277124

This company will provide you with a complete solution.

That is if you are looking for these parts, they connect from the switches to the connector box under the dash.

I appreciate the effort, but that is exactly the type of part I am trying to avoid. I am not using the factory up-fitters switches, so I will be using different terminals and cavities on the connector. 

I have a custom up fitters solution I am using that I made a while back. I just need to tap into some wires in the X61A junction box and the method I prefer to use for tapping into wires is to re-crimp the factory wire with my new additional wire. 

2 minutes ago, BrennanK said:

I appreciate the effort, but that is exactly the type of part I am trying to avoid. I am not using the factory up-fitters switches, so I will be using different terminals and cavities on the connector. 

I have a custom up fitters solution I am using that I made a while back. I just need to tap into some wires in the X61A junction box and the method I prefer to use for tapping into wires is to re-crimp the factory wire with my new additional wire. 

The switches are also priced very well.

1 minute ago, lovecars said:

The switches are also priced very well.

Unfortunately they do not work very well when you have a diesel Denali with all the switch spaces taken. Additionally, I am not using switches at all, hence why I am trying to tap into wires. 

If it helps, these are the wires I am using:

Description Junction Box Connector Pin
Accessory Power X61A X7 8
Ground X61A X7 10
Park Assist Disable X61A X5 45
Courtesy Lamp Signal X61A X3 29
Back Up Lamp Signal X50A X5 M8

Only 2 of those are part of the up-fitters connector you listed and of those two only the ground is actually pined out. Furthermore the wires that are pinned out are part of the OCS 2.8 connector size, so I couldn't even move the terminals to a new cavity because the other cavity I need is the OCS 1.5 size.  That kit is designed to be used with the RPO code 9L7 which my truck doesn't have and I don't have any interest in adding because it doesn't do what I am looking to accomplish. 

3 hours ago, BrennanK said:

Unfortunately they do not work very well when you have a diesel Denali with all the switch spaces taken. Additionally, I am not using switches at all, hence why I am trying to tap into wires. 

If it helps, these are the wires I am using:

Description Junction Box Connector Pin
Accessory Power X61A X7 8
Ground X61A X7 10
Park Assist Disable X61A X5 45
Courtesy Lamp Signal X61A X3 29
Back Up Lamp Signal X50A X5 M8

Only 2 of those are part of the up-fitters connector you listed and of those two only the ground is actually pined out. Furthermore the wires that are pinned out are part of the OCS 2.8 connector size, so I couldn't even move the terminals to a new cavity because the other cavity I need is the OCS 1.5 size.  That kit is designed to be used with the RPO code 9L7 which my truck doesn't have and I don't have any interest in adding because it doesn't do what I am looking to accomplish. 

If you're not using switches at all, how are you controlling these signals?   Guess I'm not entirely sure what you're doing in your project.

15 hours ago, Dresari702 said:

If you're not using switches at all, how are you controlling these signals?   Guess I'm not entirely sure what you're doing in your project.

I am not controlling the signals listed above, the truck is, they all originate the BCM. I use them to power the coil of relays to turn on and off my accessories. 

My truck has the parking assist default to on, it is ground side momentary switched. So I have a time delay relay that when it is energized it will close it contacts for 10 seconds. I am using the two wires from the X61A:X7 to power the relay and provide a ground reference to the common on the relay. Then you can wire the NO contact to X61A:X5:45 to disable the parking assist on truck startup. This basically defaults it to off, but if you push the button in the center console it will turn back on. 

The other two are pretty easy. I have additional backup lamps that are controlled by a relay that will close it contacts when X50A:X5:M8 goes high. I also have puddle lamps installed that I want to control via the interior courtesy lamp circuit. So I have another relay that will close its contacts when X61A:X3:29 goes high. 

I don't need switches for these accessories because they are all controlled by the truck already, just need the signal wire from BCM to fire my relays. I prefer to do it this way because then I can power all my accessories from one spot and fuse and wire everything how I see fit. 

I bought some of the service terminals, so I will keep you informed if they work. Thanks for the help!

7 minutes ago, BrennanK said:

I am not controlling the signals listed above, the truck is, they all originate the BCM. I use them to power the coil of relays to turn on and off my accessories. 

My truck has the parking assist default to on, it is ground side momentary switched. So I have a time delay relay that when it is energized it will close it contacts for 10 seconds. I am using the two wires from the X61A:X7 to power the relay and provide a ground reference to the common on the relay. Then you can wire the NO contact to X61A:X5:45 to disable the parking assist on truck startup. This basically defaults it to off, but if you push the button in the center console it will turn back on. 

The other two are pretty easy. I have additional backup lamps that are controlled by a relay that will close it contacts when X50A:X5:M8 goes high. I also have puddle lamps installed that I want to control via the interior courtesy lamp circuit. So I have another relay that will close its contacts when X61A:X3:29 goes high. 

I don't need switches for these accessories because they are all controlled by the truck already, just need the signal wire from BCM to fire my relays. I prefer to do it this way because then I can power all my accessories from one spot and fuse and wire everything how I see fit. 

I bought some of the service terminals, so I will keep you informed if they work. Thanks for the help!

Oohhh OK I got you, now.   I hope everything works out !!!

Well I think I got it. I had an order into Mouser and figured what the heck and added on a few of each of the OCS 1.5 and 2.8 terminals in stock to see if they worked. It was worth the $5 dollar gamble...

If anyone wants to do the wiring themselves and save a few bucks over buying a pre-terminated block for any upfitters switches and power this is what you need:

For the physical connector that plugs into the X7 socket on the junction block you'll need: Aptiv 15547106 

The connector is the right design, but it is physically keyed differently. The correctly keyed connector is out of stock everywhere, but with a razor blade you can cut off the second key that prevents it from fitting. 

Here the connector is before I cut it:

IMG_20201226_095337.thumb.jpg.cdf2dc484a4ec24a9b842453c1758cb1.jpg

Here the connector is after I cut it:

IMG_20201226_100023.thumb.jpg.7759158e96d03495a962926937c97815.jpg

Here is the cavity in the junction box:

IMG_20201226_095521.thumb.jpg.a35739ee60841a9941f125be04b5c14c.jpg

As far as the terminals I found 3 that will work. 

For cavities 2,3,5,6,8,912,13,15,16,18,19 use Aptiv 33385008 - this is for all the smaller cavities, so that terminal is only good for 20-16 AWG probably.

For cavities 1,4,7,10,11,14,17,20 use Aptiv 35063087 or Aptiv 35063083 depending on your wire gauge. Both fit the larger cavities.

All these parts are in stock at Mouser and you can order them in quantities of 1 or more, so no bulk ordering required. For under $10 bucks you can make your own connector, have a much cleaner look and save a few bucks.

IMG_20201226_100001.jpg

IMG_20201226_100151.jpg

• Like 1