Seatbelt holder noise

PSUFAN

Any suggestions on how to keep the front seatbelt holders from constantly banging on the pillars every time I hit bumps?  They aren't secured and they swing freely.  Very annoying!  Anybody try wrapping the plastic piece with something soft to muffle the noise?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, PSUFAN said:

Any suggestions on how to keep the front seatbelt holders from constantly banging on the pillars every time I hit bumps?  They aren't secured and they swing freely.  Very annoying!  Anybody try wrapping the plastic piece with something soft to muffle the noise?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I use a velcro strip, like used for securing electrical extension cords.

• PSUFAN changed the title to Seatbelt holder
  • PSUFAN changed the title to Seatbelt holder noise

I just buckle all of them in. Then when kids and wife are with me they use them accordingly. 
I also have done this to our Acadia because I found a rattling sound in 2nd row and it was the seat belts.  I secured all 3 rows.  No rattles and it’s no cost to me buying something else. 

24 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I just buckle all of them in. Then when kids and wife are with me they use them accordingly. 
I also have done this to our Acadia because I found a rattling sound in 2nd row and it was the seat belts.  I secured all 3 rows.  No rattles and it’s no cost to me buying something else. 

That would work also. 'Cept I don't wear a belt, and it's the closest my ear, sounds like a water bottle rolling around the door pockets. It is very uncomfortable seating in the seat with the belt buckled.

By the way, if anyone is interested, the parts counter gives away the seat belt extenders. GM does not charge for them. Cut the belt off, throw it way and use the male end, clipped in the stationary female end to keep the buzzer and light off. I have 2, the dog is heavy enough to trigger the light, in the passenger seat.

Not to be a pest but they save lives and there is countless research that backs it. May I ask why you don’t wear one? 

And I’m not stating a debate or discussion, just asking you a question. Because I too used to not wear one until a tragedy came and now I always put it on. 
Again, just curious ? 

I wear one if I'm going to town, maybe 6 times a year. I didn't even leave the farm to buy the new truck. Ordered online, dealer brought out to test drive, brought it back out the next day with paperwork and I wrote him a check and he was picked up. Other than that, it's on mostly flat ground, on dirt roads or farm land/pasture. I can drive 10 miles round trip from the house to one of the shops and not see another vehicle. If it is go time during planting, spraying or harvest, equipment is so big, we slow down when meeting on gravel roads.

I get in and out of the truck on average 50 times a 12 hour day.

Bulk fuel at 3 locations and wife works in town so she does the shopping. I use rock auto, Amazon or any other online supplier.

I was well trained when the Wuhan virus hit. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1