Can you add new switches to the existing switch pod?

Hopefully this is not repeating an older thread somewhere... I looked but couldn't really find anything...

So I have a new(to me) 2020 Double cab LT Z71. I am in the process of getting it setup to flat tow it behind my motorhome.

One of the things that it appears is needed (or at least a recommended convenience) is the addition of a battery disconnect switch (Roadmaster 766). This  is to keep from having to disconnect and protect the negative battery cable each time that you want to flat tow the truck...according to the owners manual. Anyway this disconnect uses wiring which is run into the cab and then a round button is installed that activates the solenoid when needed. 

My question is aesthetic.... can a 'matching' switch be installed into one of the blanks that are in the existing center console switch pod? (i.e. like next to the auto-stop switch or on the other end, next to the 110V power switch? If so, can anyone give me a part number?  (so you don't have an odd-ball round switch sticking out?)

Another thing I am looking for is if someone makes a wiring kit for the brake/turn/backup lights that is really plug-n-play..... Hopkins/Blue Ox/Roadmaster have kits, but they all seem to require additional diodes and require cutting into the OEM wiring. I believe my Jeep (previous toad) used a setup that came with plug connectors that went inline to the taillights...If the diodes/wire cuts/etc are required I will do it, but I kinda like leaving OEM stuff intact and clean...)

Thanks, in advance, for any productive input...

I don't have an answer for you, but I too would like to add some switches into the blank spots, without it looking horrible. 

My Custom Trail Boss didn't have an option for heated seats, so I'd like to add aftermarket ones, but I need to put the controller switches somewhere.  I have a ton of blank switch slots, since my truck doesn't even have auto start/stop.

So I found this website and part earlier this afternoon. https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-multi-switch-84482892?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9c3dpdGNoZXMmbD0yOCZuPUFzc2VtYmxpZXMgUGFnZSZhPWNoZXZyb2xldCZvPXNpbHZlcmFkby0xNTAwJnk9MjAyMCZ0PWN1c3RvbS10cmFpbC1ib3NzJmU9NS0zbC12OC1mbGV4

While the picture shown on the page is not the one described, they do show all the potential switches that can go into the pod. It appears that they are in mutli-switch formats of 3 (or rather 3 spaces each). The switch I have asked them about contains what they describe as an 'accessory switch', the hill descent control, and the auto=stop/start deactivation switch. There is another multi-switch part number that also shows the lane departure switch in the 'accessory switch' position. In my email, I am asking them if the one in my truck (or theirs) has an actual switch that isn't used in the 'accessory switch' position and whether it could be used for the battery disconnect button, so I won't have to drill a hole in my dash and install the basic round switch with the BD kit.

Hopefully I will hear something back from the company and can post an update here.

Larry

• Like 1