New Headunit install has a static noise

Hi, new to the fourm here. I installed a new headunit in my dads truck. His truck is a 2005 Chevy Silverado with the bose sound system with factory sub. everything works great other than we have a static noise coming out of the speakers even when there is no audio playing. it goes away once you mute the headunit. We chose the Alpine ILX-W650 which is connected with the PAC RP5 GM11 to retain the steering wheel controls and onstar. Like i said it all works but we just have that static and i dont know what to do. If anyone can help me, it'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, I can't really help you.  I installed the same radio in my truck, which has non-Bose speakers, using an PAC RP3-GM11, and it sounds fine, but I'm not much of an audiophile.

You might try seeing if better power & ground connections makes a difference (say, wires connected straight to the battery posts) makes a difference, and/or a ferrite ring on the power wire?

Yeah I ordered some ferrite rings. I'll give hooking it to the battery a try tommorow and let you know. Not ideal but will tell if it's a problem