Google Assitant vs Chevy

Hey all! Just got my truck and loving it so far. Accidentally figured out I have wireless android auto and in love with that! Question being if I quick press the voice button I get some Chevy/GM voice prompt and if I long press I get the Android Assistant. Is there any way to disable the GM stuff and only get Android Assistant?

I don't bother using the built 8n GM stuff.n just talk to the phone.  For example "OK Google, navigate to walmart".  Google maps will display on the truck screen and navigate you there. Or "okmgo9gle, call..." You can use this for almost any android auto compatible app.  I can do things like open the audible app and play an audio book, or swmsung music to play whatever I want.

This works so well that two days ago when I traded in my 2019 Canyon on a 2021 Sierra SLT, I deliberately didn't get the upgraded audio system with navigation (which I had In the canyon).  2f9r me it would be a complete waste of money.

7 hours ago, ratman6161 said:

I don't bother using the built 8n GM stuff.n just talk to the phone.  For example "OK Google, navigate to walmart".  Google maps will display on the truck screen and navigate you there. Or "okmgo9gle, call..." You can use this for almost any android auto compatible app.  I can do things like open the audible app and play an audio book, or swmsung music to play whatever I want.

This works so well that two days ago when I traded in my 2019 Canyon on a 2021 Sierra SLT, I deliberately didn't get the upgraded audio system with navigation (which I had In the canyon).  2f9r me it would be a complete waste of money.

+1 to this^^^^

If you have a reasonably modern Android, a verbal "OK Google" will get you almost anything you want without having to touch any button on the truck.  I've almost quit using the GM interface as well.  Waze integration in my opinion has made factory navigation a big no go, especially for the money.