In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2021 Trail boss LT - Adding packages

Okay so I have a 2021 Trail Boss LT, I noticed that other Trail Boss LT's have Parking Assist, does that mean I can add the OEM Parking assists to mine?  Also wanted to add the surround vision which I thought both were only available on the LTZ models, but looking at the sticker it seems like I have the same infotainment system as the LTZ.  So would it be plug and play?

6 hours ago, Aramik gharachehdaghi said:

Okay so I have a 2021 Trail Boss LT, I noticed that other Trail Boss LT's have Parking Assist, does that mean I can add the OEM Parking assists to mine?  Also wanted to add the surround vision which I thought both were only available on the LTZ models, but looking at the sticker it seems like I have the same infotainment system as the LTZ.  So would it be plug and play?

Let me guess, you have a sunroof.  Seems to be a common thing at least.  You get parking assist or sunroof (if not ordered)

Parking assist: Not worth the effort.  Requires new bumpers, mirrors, likely wiring harnesses 

Surround vision: Not 100% sure on this one but know at the very least, you'll need a new high mount brake light as that is where the rear camera goes.  Pretty sure there are also cameras in the mirrors judging by this view:

Capture.thumb.PNG.d5df72089a693aadaf80816bf092f256.PNG

So in the end, anything is possible.  Will you end up paying a crazy amount of money and need BCM programming?  Absolutely 

14 hours ago, Rob Mugs said:

Let me guess, you have a sunroof.  Seems to be a common thing at least.  You get parking assist or sunroof (if not ordered)

Parking assist: Not worth the effort.  Requires new bumpers, mirrors, likely wiring harnesses 

Surround vision: Not 100% sure on this one but know at the very least, you'll need a new high mount brake light as that is where the rear camera goes.  Pretty sure there are also cameras in the mirrors judging by this view:

Capture.thumb.PNG.d5df72089a693aadaf80816bf092f256.PNG

So in the end, anything is possible.  Will you end up paying a crazy amount of money and need BCM programming?  Absolutely 

Yes I have a sunroof! ... that sucks... well as for the brake light camera, I'm already planning on upgrading mine to that with the lcd display for review mirror.  It's about $1K but then prob will just go the intelihual 2.0 system if I do go with the camera system.  That way I can add a front camera.   Oh well I guess I'll have to skip on the parking sensor.  Thanks for the info.