Engine light error code: P11D5

So, I had an engine light stay on when I started the truck after work today, got 1100 miles on the truck. Got the info below via email from onstar after they investigated. Just curious if anyone else had had this happen, and what/how long at the dealer?

Thanks for any prior diagnosis/timeline.

ECM - Engine System P11D5 The Emissions System is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Exhaust Emissions System which monitors and controls exhaust gases released into the air from the engine. If the vehicle is continually driven with this light on, the emission controls might not work as well, the vehicle fuel economy might not be as good, the engine might not run as smoothly and could lead to future repairs. Service within 7 days

The problem is probably minor.  That code covers a wide range of items that could be the problem so it would be best handled by the dealer.  I had a similar issue a few months ago about the DEF system and the dash message gave a XX miles before the truck speed was limited to 65 mph.  I drove to the dealer to have service tech look at the dash message and it went away when I turned the ignition off and didn't come back.  I had to make an appointment for the following week to have it looked at.  I have a Banks iDash and I cleared the code so I wouldn't have to look at the engine light all of the time and it never came back on.  I canceled the dealer appointment and the code has never returned.  I may come back someday and I'll deal with it if and when that happens.  I'm not suggesting you do the same thing I did, just describing my issue.

16 hours ago, unit said:

The problem is probably minor.  That code covers a wide range of items that could be the problem so it would be best handled by the dealer.  I had a similar issue a few months ago about the DEF system and the dash message gave a XX miles before the truck speed was limited to 65 mph.  I drove to the dealer to have service tech look at the dash message and it went away when I turned the ignition off and didn't come back.  I had to make an appointment for the following week to have it looked at.  I have a Banks iDash and I cleared the code so I wouldn't have to look at the engine light all of the time and it never came back on.  I canceled the dealer appointment and the code has never returned.  I may come back someday and I'll deal with it if and when that happens.  I'm not suggesting you do the same thing I did, just describing my issue.

Thank you for the info. I was hoping it would magically disappear with a few engine cycles, and it did not today. Guess I'll run it in to the dealer soon and see what gives.

• 2 weeks later...

The check motor light on your 2020 Chevy Silverado will typically stop itself if the issue or code that made it turn on is fixed. For instance, assuming the reason for your check motor light coming on was a free gas cap, on the off chance that it's fixed, the light will switch itself off. In like manner, assuming your exhaust system goes practical, and you did a great deal of unpredictable driving, that might have turned on the check motor light because of the great utilization of the converter. Much of the time, your 2020 Chevy Silverado light will go off after around 20-40 miles. Assuming you roll over that sum and the light is still on, you should acquire it to Hare Chevrolet so the light and code can be twofold checked and reset.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1

• Like 1

As it turns out, the engine light went off on my way to the dealer appointment... Here is what they had do do, and only took about an hour of waiting. 

Request 1201

Labor 1.201 Technician Cause

1 Correction

Description
C/S SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT IS ON

Description
C/S SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT IS ON

checked SES light no currently on. P11D5 Nox#2 exceeded learned limit. doc#54S1684,5685258. checked ECM calibration out of data,

programmed ECM claim code 11ΥΝ98116756. retest OK