GMC Sierra correct wheel offset?

About to get a refreshed 22 Sierra SLT with factory 20's.  I want to change the wheels with the trail boss replica's in 22x9 which is the same size of wheel of the factory option wheels.  I want to make certain I get the correct offset but can't really find any solid info ensuring I get something that matches stock, which is all I want.  I've been to customwheeloffset.com and after plugging in the make/model and 22x9 wheel size, the wheels it offers have offsets all over the place.

These are the wheels I'm looking at https://www.ebay.com/itm/165041940935

I would have posted in the wheels/tires forum but it appears dead.

For what it's worth, the info below is what I gathered before changing to aftermarket wheels and 35" tires.  While it's technically '19-'20 info, it also applied to my '22 Limited GMC Sierra AT4.  20 and 22" OEM wheels show the same +28mm (+1.1") offset, which equals a 6.10" backspace on a 9" width wheel.

Also note the center bore at 78.1 mm, which will also need to match.  Aftermarket wheel manufacturers tend to oversize the center bore to fit the largest number of vehicles, and often include several sets of adapters to reduce it to common OEM sizes.  You'll need adapters (hub centering rings) if your new wheels are oversized and don't come with them.  My Fuel wheels came with 3 sets of different sized adapters, but they're readily available otherwise ($15-$30 on Amazon).  

OEM wheel info

2019-2020 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 1500 - 2wd & 4wd
Factory 17x8.0 Wheel Offset = +24 mm - Back Space = 5.44" Inches
Factory 18x8.5 Wheel Offset = +26 mm - Back Space = 5.77" Inches
Factory 20x9.0 Wheel Offset = +28 mm - Back Space = 6.10" Inches
Factory 22x9.0 Wheel Offset = +28 mm - Back Space = 6.10" Inches
Lug Pattern = 6 x 139.7

Center Bore: 78.1 mm
 Bolt pattern: 6x139.7 (6x5.5)
 Thread Size: M14 x 1.5

And not to hijack this thread, but for any potential questions from others regarding the 35" tire fitment I mentioned, below are the specific wheels, tires, etc., I went with.  In my case, an approximately 2" wider tire (10.4" OEM to 12.5" BF Goodrich) with 1" less offset/backspacing in the wheel put the inner tread of the new tire in approximately the same position as the stock tire.  The additional width to the outside (now 2" with the offset change) was covered by aftermarket fender flares (from EGR, in my case; painted to match).  Finally, I'm using one of those Hypertech plug-in speedometer calibrator modules (730129T) to correct the speedometer.  I've had zero issues with it, so far.

OEM tires (spec height 32.5", spec width 10.4") 20" LT 265/60 R20
OEM wheel weight, complete assembly, minus lug nuts (actually weighed):  84 lbs.

Aftermarket wheels:
Fuel Siege Model D706 Matte Black  20x9
Size     BP         Part Number     Finish         Bore     Offset     backspace (in)
20x9     6x139.7     D70620908450     MATTE BLACK     106.10     +1mm     5.040

Tires:
BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 - Size: 35X12.5R20LT  weight: 67 lbs.
New tire/wheel combo weight, from specs:  102 lbs.
OEM weight:  84 lbs.
Difference:  18 lbs.

GMC no-drill fender Flares:
https://egrusa.com/EGR_Product_Pages/791794.php
-Can be painted to match.  
-Black bolts available from EGR directly (call; $20)

Hypertech 730129T
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/HYP-730129T
Programmed Scale factor I settled on after testing against GPS = 1.059

BEFORE/STOCK:

IMG_0297.thumb.JPG.1d9084ba67851d45b135e4ce7add876d.JPG

AFTER ( includes 4" Pro-Comp lift kit K1176B )
IMG_0375.thumb.JPG.2abdbadc9a404d4ac8fca33233639961.JPG

Edited by barr8888
  • Like 3

On 4/13/2022 at 6:11 AM, barr8888 said:

For what it's worth, the info below is what I gathered before changing to aftermarket wheels and 35" tires.  While it's technically '19-'20 info, it also applied to my '22 Limited GMC Sierra AT4.  20 and 22" OEM wheels show the same +28mm (+1.1") offset, which equals a 6.10" backspace on a 9" width wheel.

Also note the center bore at 78.1 mm, which will also need to match.  Aftermarket wheel manufacturers tend to oversize the center bore to fit the largest number of vehicles, and often include several sets of adapters to reduce it to common OEM sizes.  You'll need adapters (hub centering rings) if your new wheels are oversized and don't come with them.  My Fuel wheels came with 3 sets of different sized adapters, but they're readily available otherwise ($15-$30 on Amazon).  

OEM wheel info

2019-2020 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 1500 - 2wd & 4wd
Factory 17x8.0 Wheel Offset = +24 mm - Back Space = 5.44" Inches
Factory 18x8.5 Wheel Offset = +26 mm - Back Space = 5.77" Inches
Factory 20x9.0 Wheel Offset = +28 mm - Back Space = 6.10" Inches
Factory 22x9.0 Wheel Offset = +28 mm - Back Space = 6.10" Inches
Lug Pattern = 6 x 139.7

Center Bore: 78.1 mm
 Bolt pattern: 6x139.7 (6x5.5)
 Thread Size: M14 x 1.5

And not to hijack this thread, but for any potential questions from others regarding the 35" tire fitment I mentioned, below are the specific wheels, tires, etc., I went with.  In my case, an approximately 2" wider tire (10.4" OEM to 12.5" BF Goodrich) with 1" less offset/backspacing in the wheel put the inner tread of the new tire in approximately the same position as the stock tire.  The additional width to the outside (now 2" with the offset change) was covered by aftermarket fender flares (from EGR, in my case; painted to match).  Finally, I'm using one of those Hypertech plug-in speedometer calibrator modules (730129T) to correct the speedometer.  I've had zero issues with it, so far.

OEM tires (spec height 32.5", spec width 10.4") 20" LT 265/60 R20
OEM wheel weight, complete assembly, minus lug nuts (actually weighed):  84 lbs.

Aftermarket wheels:
Fuel Siege Model D706 Matte Black  20x9
Size     BP         Part Number     Finish         Bore     Offset     backspace (in)
20x9     6x139.7     D70620908450     MATTE BLACK     106.10     +1mm     5.040

Tires:
BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 - Size: 35X12.5R20LT  weight: 67 lbs.
New tire/wheel combo weight, from specs:  102 lbs.
OEM weight:  84 lbs.
Difference:  18 lbs.

GMC no-drill fender Flares:
https://egrusa.com/EGR_Product_Pages/791794.php
-Can be painted to match.  
-Black bolts available from EGR directly (call; $20)

Hypertech 730129T
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/HYP-730129T
Programmed Scale factor I settled on after testing against GPS = 1.059

BEFORE/STOCK:

IMG_0297.thumb.JPG.1d9084ba67851d45b135e4ce7add876d.JPG

AFTER ( includes 4" Pro-Comp lift kit K1176B )
IMG_0375.thumb.JPG.2abdbadc9a404d4ac8fca33233639961.JPG

That's one of the best looking AT4's I've seen.  Clean and sleek.  What do you think you have invested in the aftermarket stuff (wheels, tires, lift, flares+paint, ?)?

It's not so much the offset that matters on the T1; it's the angle of the spokes to clear the calipers.  I went with the 22X9 TB wheels on my '22 refresh. 

20220403_133322.jpg

20220401_151103 (1).jpg

Edited by mafd2
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:43 PM, Klutch said:

That's one of the best looking AT4's I've seen.  Clean and sleek.  What do you think you have invested in the aftermarket stuff (wheels, tires, lift, flares+paint, ?)?

Thanks.

Oh man.  I'm not sure if I want to add it all up.  Probably 6 or 7 grand after everything.  I do still have the complete OEM wheels/tires to sell (with about 300 miles total on them), so I can recoup a little bit of it there (if I ever get around to selling them).

- Pro-Comp 4" Lift Kit was right at $2k

- Lift kit install was around $1500

I had the lift kit installed by a commercial customizing place near me that's done a bunch of them on these trucks.  That price included everything (new wheels/tires installed, having a dealership paint the flares to match, getting it aligned at a quality shop after install, etc.)

- Fuel Siege wheels were $1600

- BF Goodrich 35x12.5R20 K02 tires were $1600 (4Wheelparts.com had a $100 discount on a set)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not immediately noticeable (but contributing quite a bit to the overall look, I think) are the AMP retractable running boards.  Definitely overpriced, imo, though I did get them to knock 200 off due to shipping delays that ended up being well beyond what they told me when I ordered.  They ARE very nice, though.  Well thought out, straightforward install, flawless operation, so far.  Anyone considering should do themselves a favor and NOT order the AMP-branded OBD-II pass-through if they want to keep their OBD-II port accessible, though.  Pick up the one from Auto Meter for less than half the price instead (part 5323, it's on Amazon for around $35).  Bonus, that one actually bolts right into the original location, so your OBD-II port looks and functions exactly as it was before install. 

- AMP PowerStep Xtreme running boards $1800

Latest addition is a set of Air Lift helper air bags (89388) and wirelessly-controlled on-board compressor (25980EZ).  The lift kit levels out the factory raised rear end of the truck, which is a much nicer look on a lifted truck, imo.  But adding any significant weight to the rear (like that 7k GVW trailer sitting behind it) can potentially introduce some squat.  The compressor has user-defined pressure presets for known loads (like a trailer).  They run empty under normal conditions (5psi, just enough to keep their shape) and a touch of a button (or app control) pumps them up whenever I'm towing the trailer.

Edited by barr8888

6 hours ago, mafd2 said:

It's not so much the offset that matters on the T1; it's the angle of the spokes to clear the calipers.  I went with the 22X9 TB wheels on my '22 refresh. 

20220403_133322.jpg

20220401_151103 (1).jpg

Are those factory 22" wheels or replicas?  I ask with not knowing for sure if they even offer a factory 22" version of that wheel.  If replicas, do you know the backspacing, maker, tire size, etc?  I've had such a hard time even finding anyone with a 19+ truck with these it's incredible.  Good looking Chebby

21 minutes ago, Klutch said:

Are those factory 22" wheels or replicas?  I ask with not knowing for sure if they even offer a factory 22" version of that wheel.  If replicas, do you know the backspacing, maker, tire size, etc?  I've had such a hard time even finding anyone with a 19+ truck with these it's incredible.  Good looking Chebby

Thanks.  These are TB replica wheels with a +24 offset.  Great quality and beautiful chrome.  They balanced out perfect with no vibration. Tires are Firestone Destination all terrain A/T2 285/45/22.  Ride extremely smooth and are super quiet.  Firestone is using more silica in the compound on these tires.  Good luck man.

Edited by mafd2

9 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Thanks.  These are TB replica wheels with a +24 offset.  Great quality and beautiful chrome.  They balanced out perfect with no vibration. Tires are Firestone Destination all terrain A/T2 285/45/22.  Ride extremely smooth and are super quiet.  Firestone is using more silica in the compound on these tires.  Good luck man.

Thanks for the wheel info, can you send me a link to where you bought the wheels from and P/N?  Several people make them, need to make sure I get ones that'll clear the calipers.  

20 minutes ago, Klutch said:

Thanks for the wheel info, can you send me a link to where you bought the wheels from and P/N?  Several people make them, need to make sure I get ones that'll clear the calipers.  

Sent.

On 4/17/2022 at 8:44 PM, mafd2 said:

Sent.

Thanks mafd2, I ended up ordered the same wheel in black last night.  I even got them from the same seller, bare wheel only.  What lugs did you go with (link preferred)?  Confused a bit on the length/depth of the ones I need.