I have a 2004 S 10 SR 5.

The PO was some kind of electrician!  In the truck is a dash cam, after market radio, a sub woofer (a wedge thing that sits behind the read seat back) and amp (not my thing; it's got to go) and 2 lights mounted on the roof fore and aft on a after market roof rack that's connected to the OEM roof rack/luggage thing. The wires for the roof lights just cross the driver's door gasket, and lead out to the battery under the hood, one wire for the R & L subs just come outta the fuse box (big cables) go down (there is also a "remote" wire that runs along side the cable that goes to the sub amp) to the floor and under the rug. The other was passed down to the floor from under the dash on the left side of the steering wheel in a more conventional manner. The cover for the fuse box lays on the console because it won't close with the cabling that comes out of the box. The radio is a mess too. In the middle of the dash the PO had 2 switches (for the roof lights) installed in a blank filler panel that GM used to take place of some kind of control, I don't know; it's located to the immediate left of the radio. The P/N for the filler panel is 15741365. There is an unused 6 wire plug that appears to have been meant to plug into what ever option was in the filler panel; any ideas?

I got the rear view (back up ) camera working yesterday, I had all the slack in the camera wire at the wrong end of the truck (rear bumper) so I had t pull the slack out so the RCA jack would reach the radio. It's a Dual radio, the instructions say to hook up the camera to the black video wire; well there isn't one. There is a "video" input and a "camera" input; neither is black. I connected the back up cam to the "camera" input. The instructions for the camera says to connect the red wire to the radio but not where. I figured out to connect it to the purple (reverse) wire and the camera came on. This is the wire that go to the back up lights. Now the damn thing doesn't work! I think the battery was too low to run the camera. You see the headlights come on when the key is turned to the on position. I can't make the headlights turn off when the key is in that position. I have to wonder if the PO changed the switch cause I don't think it's normal to not be able to turn the head lights off. Just how is this supposed to work  please?

I ran the dash cam from it's little box (hard wired) from under the dash through the fuse box edges (open space) connecting the power here, the ground from under the dash to the parking brake bolt and wire from the camera over to the driver's fwd pillar cover there by the VIN plate, tucked under the pillar cover up to the roof then tucked under the head liner over to the rear view mirror. I ran the mic for the  cell phone through the fuse box edge the same way. I ran the one woofer cable behind and across the dash below the steering column, under and over the dividers (behind the dash) to the right of the steering column and to the left of the radio. The back up cam wire  comes through the fire wall and up/over the dividers prev.mentioned.

So the charger is on the battery and I'll ck back here tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 9:49 PM, dna9656 said:

I have a 2004 S 10 SR 5.

The PO was some kind of electrician!  In the truck is a dash cam, after market radio, a sub woofer (a wedge thing that sits behind the read seat back) and amp (not my thing; it's got to go) and 2 lights mounted on the roof fore and aft on a after market roof rack that's connected to the OEM roof rack/luggage thing. The wires for the roof lights just cross the driver's door gasket, and lead out to the battery under the hood, one wire for the R & L subs just come outta the fuse box (big cables) go down (there is also a "remote" wire that runs along side the cable that goes to the sub amp) to the floor and under the rug. The other was passed down to the floor from under the dash on the left side of the steering wheel in a more conventional manner. The cover for the fuse box lays on the console because it won't close with the cabling that comes out of the box. The radio is a mess too. In the middle of the dash the PO had 2 switches (for the roof lights) installed in a blank filler panel that GM used to take place of some kind of control, I don't know; it's located to the immediate left of the radio. The P/N for the filler panel is 15741365. There is an unused 6 wire plug that appears to have been meant to plug into what ever option was in the filler panel; any ideas?

I got the rear view (back up ) camera working yesterday, I had all the slack in the camera wire at the wrong end of the truck (rear bumper) so I had t pull the slack out so the RCA jack would reach the radio. It's a Dual radio, the instructions say to hook up the camera to the black video wire; well there isn't one. There is a "video" input and a "camera" input; neither is black. I connected the back up cam to the "camera" input. The instructions for the camera says to connect the red wire to the radio but not where. I figured out to connect it to the purple (reverse) wire and the camera came on. This is the wire that go to the back up lights. Now the damn thing doesn't work! I think the battery was too low to run the camera. You see the headlights come on when the key is turned to the on position. I can't make the headlights turn off when the key is in that position. I have to wonder if the PO changed the switch cause I don't think it's normal to not be able to turn the head lights off. Just how is this supposed to work  please?

I ran the dash cam from it's little box (hard wired) from under the dash through the fuse box edges (open space) connecting the power here, the ground from under the dash to the parking brake bolt and wire from the camera over to the driver's fwd pillar cover there by the VIN plate, tucked under the pillar cover up to the roof then tucked under the head liner over to the rear view mirror. I ran the mic for the  cell phone through the fuse box edge the same way. I ran the one woofer cable behind and across the dash below the steering column, under and over the dividers (behind the dash) to the right of the steering column and to the left of the radio. The back up cam wire  comes through the fire wall and up/over the dividers prev.mentioned.

So the charger is on the battery and I'll ck back here tomorrow.

Did you ever resolve any of this? It sounds like your unaware of the daylight running lights cut out switch? If you don't turn it off Yes your headlights will stay on when your started. It's the single button above the fog light switch, or just below the dimmer dial. Push it twice quickly, it should chime. Now your daylight auto running lights are off. You can now turn your running light/ headlights on and off manually. Unfortunately you have to do this each time you start the truck.

As far as the 6 pin connector sticking out, I would lay odds it was a old school style hard drive with music on it that could be connected to it.. 

• 3 weeks later...