Hello everyone,

I have a 2022 Silverado Trail Boss Duramax 3.0L that has camera issues since I bought it in August last year. Everything works fine until I plug in a trailer. A couple of seconds after connecting a trailer to my truck, the backup camera starts showing white lines at the top of the screen and remains in this state until I unplug the trailer, stop the engine, lock the doors and wait a couple of minutes.

Here is a picture and a movie demonstrating the issue:

image.thumb.png.71e168bd90bfd592138e6c48075fcb6d.png

Picture and movie link: 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/u2JnsMvD3vdHMwMu7

I could reproduce the issue with my trailer and with two other trailers in my travel trailer dealer inventory.

More than this, I can reproduce the issue only by connecting this 7-way RV blade LED adapter, without any trailer connected: https://www.curtmfg.com/part/57003

AJFCJaXkAGmkB1FJu9LyGesqEuITGk0hxhxn9SBpdkeuJCI2thSsJAHWmKav5di7Bdof0Z9HKSKHi-gfXsFY1DbTbPSgR7uSVdvqtPpVcZBYoefKQCAXpvCk3q3eEHNDGgRDigO1mHNRaArJ1yw62jsd7B4fZwpI6btNPouD6lySy9N8bjsu4LwV34ZS8JeZiT-MaPu7xjCxHNYnauz-yM7jK1Hfkwj-H7FeDpeI_JBdn5m4Pc53BbkDp26NXQpIyQCirUqlFtzPDCZFHlKuUj1SwWHssBfMJwuKJikU4tc_FcvRhjZRWlf3qq1wVEbwPFj6FhgBNMr4i0Vhf3Db8IYGVHsdL__F8-ZLzG8cCb9Emkmn9rlC4oU64htZGYKe6Oyid4VtVkFVQF-wilQL93PcQmrcopDzjqSZcncB1X-Z9jENsOAE4jxfYmoMDJT8JaoanO_F8KwEQ0LxFYvA5YT8pQeQrex74YE1V3Y574iZkdCttYfUX7X4viVOCKBr-EXRxulNBTLPzEitFU1FDyWKP9JGy4m6q3xE0Dz2HXZMElvcY8bLYGcQ0QbqKFgQE9c4j-7w3HxAfu3eDGu7PqlIwEnkriImcZN6aGgcViOfjzmCFzH3fMJKQHoIWShdq5jlPZBwNf8LJ41IcezWOhxeo-3QhMV5-Yc7jSRcUXEKPwhIKxn_Q988UgY1rEOLhvCtPE4qjvq4-FFQqPE1nby1JoKw5oNlpFxVXATL_JIbw8NFi-303KS1yu1ByPICyzdeWhnoDfHPxXXl6DvON8YPfSZBPQMdqbkMzQL1L51nFBMQrkMt73kWEmpWfbJtbMC419q97AXlVu1nSJxuWpF-fZ-wmCS5p9ol00R5BC4MIZAn5vi0hBDbXYmqLFVh-VnAqbPDa8GEUo3YYCoAa_v1Cuf0x3M=w730-h973-s-no?authuser=0

So the problem is clearly on the truck side. Somehow, the additional resistance in the electrical circuit impacts the backup camera image.

In conclusion, here are the repro steps:

1. connect a trailer (or the above electrical adapter) to the truck's 7-way plug

2. start the engine

3. switch from main menu to truck's backup camera -> observe backup camera top of image becoming corrupted

4. unplug the trailer (or the above electrical adapter) -> observe backup camera top of image stays corrupted

5. turn off the engine, lock the doors and wait a couple of minutes

6. start the engine and switch from main menu to truck's backup camera (nothing is plugged in the 7-way plug) -> observe the backup camera image is cristal clear

Does anybody electrical savy have an idea what could cause this issue?

It is important to note that only the backup camera has the top image corrupted, the display does not present any issue in any other menu, only in the camera mode.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited by drafil

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

Update on this issue: the dealer was very patient and spent a lot of time debugging the problem and they even tried to replace the camera controller without results.

The thing that fixed the issue was deleting the trailer profile from the system settings! I could have done this myself, but never thought it could be an issue and I still don't know how this could have affected the image quality, but it works!

This is it, problem fixed! 

• Like 2