i have a 2020 silverado with 90k kilometers or 45k miles. my brake monitor shows 62 for the front and 76 for the rear. all this week i get a message of new pads installed and gives me the option to reset. it makes me laugh because i knew GM would not be able to have this function correctly. the rear brake pads are about 20% on the inside and 75% on the outside. reading other post this seems to be a common problem on newer trucks. not looking for a resolution because i knew this would be a faulty system and to remind people to check it them selves and dont rely on this useless option

On 5/5/2023 at 6:08 AM, silveradosid said:

i have a 2020 silverado with 90k kilometers or 45k miles. my brake monitor shows 62 for the front and 76 for the rear. all this week i get a message of new pads installed and gives me the option to reset. it makes me laugh because i knew GM would not be able to have this function correctly. the rear brake pads are about 20% on the inside and 75% on the outside. reading other post this seems to be a common problem on newer trucks. not looking for a resolution because i knew this would be a faulty system and to remind people to check it them selves and dont rely on this useless option

Thank you for that. I just purchased my truck, and I was wondering about the accuracy, as the manual states an "estimate" based on driving....... Basically a GM guess. I am sure they tried to do it right though.