Noisy Gauges

My gauges make a clicking noise. At first I thought I had the piston slap but forturnately i don't. When I shut my truck off, the gauges make a big clicking noise before they go dead. I'm not worried about this but I find it odd. Any one seen anything like this before?

Jansen

Mine does the same thing. I can hear them a little bit just idling too. GM-Tech, I heard that even if you get a new cluster they will do this.....sound right? I assumed they just all do it. I would not worry about it, but if you confused the noise for piston slap then I think yours might be a little toooooo loud. Take it in and have the pros :smash: have a listen--make sure a tech listens, not just a service writer. No crack on you GM-tech, more on the service writers. You would be amazed how many times a service writer (who does not know s**t compared to the techs) dismisses something as normal without letting a tech listen. At least in my experiences.

GM-Tech, I heard that even if you get a new cluster they will do this.....sound right?

Yeah, but they're not loud at all. The problem is, trucks are so darn quite these days that you hear every little thing. If you're thinking its an engine knock, I'd say it's not normal. :smash:

Archived