Steering Wheel Emblem

mcmlxv

I like the new gold bowtie emblem GM is now using on the '05 Trailblazer steering wheel centers. The full size trucks should have received this upgrade when GM went to their proclaimed "world-class" interiors in '03. Since they didn't, I want upgrade the wheel center myself.

It appears that the GMT 360s and the GMT800s share the same steering wheel, and that the centers would exchange directly. Has anyone attempted this swap? Does anyone have the part number for the '05 Trailblazer steering wheel center with the Dark Charcoal interior?

Ford owners get a nice blue oval. Dodge owners get a sharp ram's head. Chevy owners a cheap stamp. Don't we all spend enough time behind the wheel of our trucks to demand better?

Thank you.

I don't believe we should have to sit behind a steering wheel that is not centered on the driver's seat but we do. The 1" off center drives me nuts, I often find myself leaning to the side to center myself on it.

I don't believe we should have to sit behind a steering wheel that is not centered on the driver's seat but we do.  The 1" off center drives me nuts, I often find myself leaning to the side to center myself on it.

I've noticed this also ad it bothers me. The steering wheel seems it is a tad off to the right.

• 4 weeks later...

AHHH!! I always thought it was just me...but the steering wheel IS actually slightly off center... :rolleyes::withstupid: As for changing out the center pad/airbag, you are out of luck if you have an HD. This is because the HD's use the older single stage airbags. The 1500's and SUV's use the newer two-stage airbags that deploy with less force if not as much restraint is needed. (thats also why HD's dont have the "passenger airbag" indicator in the mirror) But for the 1500's, i would be willing to bet that it would swap right in...

---Ben

Archived