Those who have carbon metallic paint..........

I will be picking up my new 05 crew Z71 hopefully on monday or tuesday. I am pretty much sold on the carbon metallic paint. Primarily because I dont really like the flat black fender flair trim, and with carbon, the flairs are painted to match.

My previous truck was black, and although I did enjoy it, and could maintain it, I think a slight color change would be nice. My immediate plans are to install the chrome tube steps and bed rails.

Those who have this color- are you happy with the selection overall? I realize it will still show scratches very easy, but are the black and carbon metallic fairly consistent when they are washed, detailed and waxed? I still want the shine of a black truck.

just wondering if anyone is regretting this color, and if so, why?

Thx

I love mine, much better than black. I have a black car and it's a BI to keep clean.

I am very very careful with the paint though. My wife says I'm a weirdo. Click my sig for pics.

You will have plenty of shine, if not more than black. I love the metallic look, when I get it polished, glazed, and waxed it's extremely deep looking. It's like looking into the sky, yet you can see your reflection.

I get comments ALL the time, riding down the road, parking lots, grocery stores, etc.

:cheers:

I love my Spiral Grey on my silverado. The color does not show 1/2 as much dirt then my Black Impala SS. From now on I am going to stay away from black cars and trucks. You have to wash them twice a week to keep them clean. And not to mention after you wash them they are dusty almost immediatly after :cheers:

I went from a black Silv to my Carbon Metallic Sierra. I really like the color. It is alot easier to take care of than black and it does not show the dirt like black does. The only draw back to it is they over produced it in 03. It is kind of like pewter around here. Everybody has one. If I had to do it over I would have probably gotten black. The reason I didn't is the same as yours. My 99 was a 1500 so it did not have flares. My truck now is an HD. If you want black painted flares, just have them change the molded flares to paintable ones. My dealership here said if I bought black now they would do it for free. The CM looks awesome when it is all shined up, but there is nothing like the sheen of black when it is clean, it just looks rich.

Archived