Creeking in passenger side Ext cab door

I have a 2004 Ext Cab GMC Sierra and have noticed a creeking sound coming from what seems to be where the two doors come together. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen with their truck and what was the fix.

I haven't taken it in to the dealer yet. But, on the list of things ot do. Just wanted any info.

I have a tub of teflon grease I use on all moving parts. The silicone for the door gaskets can be picked up at any auto supply. The silicone I use is Rain GO and it is thick and comes in a dobber/swab bottle. You will not find it in stores. It is left over from a plastic gutter install and I did not want it to go to waste so I use it for the gaskets/seals. Any kind of silicone lube will work but the stuff in the can is great. Just kep a rag next to anything you do not want it on like windows/door panels ETC. Go slow as not to make a mess when you spray if that is the kind you are going to use.

You know, I would say that that's a good idea, but, because the drivers side door does not make any noise what so ever, I can't believe that the cure of the noise coming from the passenger side door is rubbing lube on the gaskets & latches. Something has to be either loose or not seating properly to cause it to vibrate hence creating the noise.

Will probably have the dealer look at it, which always scares me......................

Thanks for the info though. Will see what they have to say.

Archived