Just installed shackles

I've just installed lowering shackles on the back of my reg cab '03 Silverado. I used the top hole in the shackles. Will this change the pinion angle, and if so, enough to cause any problems? I've driven the truck aroud the block and got up to about 40 mph and felt no vibrations, so I'm thinking not.

I had the lowering shackles on 4 different regular cab trucks I have owned. Never had a problem.

For the ext. cab trucks on the OBS they sold the shackles with small wedges that corrected the angle of the rear-end. That was because the ext. cab trucks had 2-piece driveshafts and the lowering shackles changed the angle a lot more.

Last time I checked none of the shackle manufacturers recommend the wedges for regular trucks.

I was actually thinking about those bump stops I saw under there the other day. Should I shave an inch or two off them?

99Silver5.3 - Love your truck. That's pretty much the look I'll be going for. Kind of subtle, from the factory look, but still tough looking. People keep telling me I need 22's chromed out, but I cannot stand that "Hey, look at me" look. Did the height increase from your SS wheels make a noticeable difference in your truck's performance, or gas mileage for that matter? Thanks.

Troy

I was actually thinking about those bump stops I saw under there the other day.  Should I shave an inch or two off them?

99Silver5.3 - Love your truck.  That's pretty much the look I'll be going for.  Kind of subtle, from the factory look, but still tough looking.  People keep telling me I need 22's chromed out, but I cannot stand that "Hey, look at me" look.  Did the height increase from your SS wheels make a noticeable difference in your truck's performance, or gas mileage for that matter?  Thanks.

Troy

Thanks. My trucks nothing spectacular, just simple. Nothing really changed that bothered me much other than braking.

Archived